HDMI input to Portsdown 4 for £17!

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
g8lce

HDMI input to Portsdown 4 for £17!

Post by g8lce » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:08 am

As you may have seen in viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8420 there is a cheap video server on Ebay. Here is a video of how I use one to send IPTS from a HDMI source to a Portsdown 4 and TX from it.

On YouTube:
https://youtu.be/OqNaE46sIqo

or on http://gb3nq.co.uk/videos.html without adverts!

Martin G8LCE

PS. It also can take composite and it says SDI . Note I did not get the audio to work but that takes time....

g8lce

Re: HDMI input to Portsdown 4 for £17!

Post by g8lce » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:23 am

How to get this working:

1) Goto http://www.truen.co.kr/customer/technol ... technology

2) DO NOT SELECT ENGLISH

3) Click on truen_manager2.0.1.10.zip and download it.

4) Unzip and open the new folder truen_manager2.0.1.10

5) run True Manager Installer

6) This will let you find the device and change the IP address and reset the password etc.

7) Connect 12 volts and a network cable ( to join it to you local network )
RED Power LED will light and also the DATA LED - wait a while and this will change. Also you should see the LAN LEDs flashing.

8) The device is ready when the STATUS LED flashes.

9) Running Advanced IP Scanner you will NOT see the device ( probably ).

[10) At this point I pushed the Reset - poke a point into the small hole near the PWR LED untill the DATA LED comes on.] But it is not needed!

11) See the attached file at bottom of this which is what the next instructions follow.

12) Click Server then IP Discovery. The first window did not show the device, just 127.0.0.1

13) Click on Discovery button - bottom right. The device shows up. 192.168.10.100 in my case which is not on my address setup.

14) Select the unit - that is the one with the 192.168.X.X address or NOT the 127.0.0.1 and it highlights.

15) Click Ip change and a box will pop up allowing you to change the IP address to put it onto you network, Subset mask, Gateway etc. Then fill the ID ( admin ) and fill the password ( 1234 ). Then hit Change. The device will reboot so wait a while....

16) Run Advanced IP Scanner and you should see the device on your network with Manufacturer as TRUEN and also a > simbol at the left hand side. Clicking this will drop down two links. The HTTP one opens the web page to control the server. The Username is admin and the password is 1234 at this stage.

17) Now you can click Setup and you are on your way.... It might be best to go to user and change the password from 1234 to something else!

NOTE Yoy will not get a live view as it was Flash based and that is why they are so cheap ( I think )

Hope you have fun

Martin G8LCE

Here is a link to the video of how to do it:

https://youtu.be/u6yxDqL0GGU

How to reset&load password.pdf
(490.68 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:00 am

So I see that there are only 4 left so when these are gone there will be a maximum of 13 of you out there with one!
If you need help with setting it up, PM me.
If you have some results to share reply to this thread.
Hope this has helped.

I have nothing to do with the seller but just found these on Ebay but must have made them wonder how so many suddenly sold! and all those £17 offers.

Martin G8LCE

VK3IE

Post by VK3IE » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:08 am

Thanks Martin
Info you have supplied will come in handy
Cheers
Robert

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:15 am

I have got in touch with the seller and they said they have had these on Ebay for a long time. Then suddenly they all got bought!! They are looking for any stray ones they may have and will contact me if they find any.
There are other HDMI and composite video devices out there which also required Flash to be useful in the way they were used. That does not mean they are not useful for amateur tv projects but does mean they can be cheap.

Things like
AMX ENOVA DVX-3155HD Switcher
if you can get them very cheap and working. The manuals are on line and give you some idea what this type of equipement could do....

Martin G8LCE

aerostar

Post by aerostar » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:27 pm

You can still have flash.

See my post Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6982&p=25947&hilit=aerostar#p25947

Checked today and it is still available

G0MXW

Post by G0MXW » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:37 pm

its not a browser flash problem. Problem is that the internal web server is missing a couple of functions in its javascript code. Not easily fixable.
However as it is a security device there is an internal onvif server. Download ONVIF Device Manager https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/
It detects device as TCAM and gives you live view, stream view and access to the internal web page (minus live view as above). if it asks you to install activeX from Truen when you first go to live view then allow it to do so.

Dave G0MXW

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:36 am

That works really well Dave!

Martin G8LCE

aerostar

Post by aerostar » Thu May 11, 2023 11:49 am

Live view using a browser, display is not flash.

Unfortunately it has to be a MS one, Internet Explorer or EDGE in Internet explorer mode.

If you have Internet Explorer installed then you should be asked if you can run the Active-x add on, answer yes.

Edge has IE mode, BUT Edge has to be the default browser to use it !.

Make Edge default browser, go to settings and look for Default Browser then Internet Explore compatability.

Allow sites to be reloaded in IE mode,

You can enter the IP address of the server in Internet Explorer mode pages.

Attached picture is from composite input, have yet to get HDMI working.

I can display live on my XP with IE8, so you should be able to use IE8 upwards.

Also Dave G0MXW post re-ONVIF works even on my XP !!

And yes I do have other later OS.
Attachments
streamer.jpg
streamer.jpg (443.43 KiB) Viewed 8959 times

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Thu May 11, 2023 4:26 pm

HDMI needs to be fiddled with to work! It was difficult until I got the right boxes set up. Then if you change the HDMI source you probably need to change the selection again!! The two types of colour also need to be selected. Lots of fun to be had.... but it was only £17.

Martin G8LCE

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”