I tried to set up a new system for a friend of mine, he had an Raspi 3 Model B rev 1.2 in stock.
I did new install 3 times with 3 new Buster-downloads like described on the github site with different speed sd-cards (sandisc 32 GB in grey, gold and black) .
always the same result = no video.
A local signal ist received MER20, but no video shown. MER brakes down to zero every 3-5 seconds. On the status screen (DVBS2-lock etc) the 3 lines Call, Provider and video codec are not present. I tried different usb-cables, different usb sockets at the raspi, different mintiouners – Same effect using a powered USB-HUB.
Is the raspi defect? or is it a software problem?
I did the above mentioned installs on fresh buster downloads.
If I change the sd-cards between the working and not working system, the bug goes with the sd-card, NOT the hardware.
I also noticed, that a reboot command lasts abt. 25 – 30 seconds on the working system, 1min 50 on the not working system (1min30 to shutdown, 20 sec until ready system is shown).
Same behavior with a third raspi 3.
Could it be a bug oft he github install script.?
Please do a DEV update from the touchscreen menu. After the Dev update, please tell me if it works again! I can then publish it as a full update.
I've just completed a fresh build of the Portsdown 4 and all appears to be OK. Please could you check the VLC version that you have on your Portsdown 4?
From the command line:
Code: Select all
Code: Select all
VLC media player 188.8.131.52 Vetinari (revision 3.0.13-8-g41878ff4f2) VLC version 184.108.40.206 Vetinari (3.0.13-8-g41878ff4f2) Compiled by serge on arm-build.pitowers.org (Jun 22 2022 10:02:16) Compiler: gcc version 8.3.0 (Raspbian 8.3.0-6+rpi1) This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence; see the file named COPYING for details. Written by the VideoLAN team; see the AUTHORS file.
Pleased that you have sorted it. That was probably a download site outage during the install or update (or I may have made an error in the update script ).
I am considering introducing error detection to trap this kind of thing, but it increases the complexity of the build and update scripts so is a bit of a 2-edged sword.