FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
F1EJP

FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Post by F1EJP » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Hello,

As promised, here is a little software that will replace the script I distributed V01.20 which allowed ffmpeg to be used with OBS or VMIX.
The software is a first distribution in version V2.44
> Thanks to Jean-Pierre F6DZP for his advice and help in developing better flow calculations than some calculators on the Internet!
It comes with everything you need, No need to install FFMPEG
New compression enhancements by offering the default settings optimized for compression.
The advantage is being able to use the NVIDIA GPU or recent Intel processors which integrate a processing unit but software compression is also offered.
The Stream which is encoded in mpeg-TS outputs in UDP
I use it as an IPTS input on the Potsdown 3 and I believe that there is an Evariste F5OEO version of the Pluto firmware which allows UDP input

Good image definitions are obtained for fairly low bit rates.
> I hope your feedback from tests which will permit the software to be optimized. :D

Sorry File is too large for this forum.. you can download it on vivadatv.org:
http://www.vivadatv.org//viewtopic.php?f=78&t=854
See you soon on QO100

73 to all
Dominique
F1EJP
Last edited by F1EJP on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

G4FKK

Re: FreeStreamCoder

Post by G4FKK » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:46 am

Hi Dominique,

Just downloaded the software and so far so good. It worked first time and is using much less CPU than OBS' native RTMP stream.

My ancient i5 PC does not have the Intel H265 hardware facility but can just about cope with H264 as long as I keep the output resolution fairly low. My Pluto is loaded with Evariste's version 2511 firmware and seems very happy running the UDP stream.

Tomorrow I'll try IPTS with my Portsdown4 and report back.

Many thanks for providing your software.

73, Martin - G4FKK

VK3IE

Post by VK3IE » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am

Thanks
Not to much hair pulling both OBS and Vmix doing their thing IPTS in Portsdown4 S/S2 4000kS
Excellent thank you
Robert

Chance to see it DVB-T compatible as well ?

G7VVF

Post by G7VVF » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi Dominique,
thanks for your hard work. I have installed it on my 6th gen I6 that I have been using successfully when running your previous scripts. However I have a problem with this new application. It seems to want to stream at a very large bit rate and obviously it fails, I suspect a FFmpeg/windows issue.
It seems to have confused kb/s with b/s as it trying to stream at a rate a 1000 times greater!

2021-06-08 15_16_09-Start.png
2021-06-08 15_16_09-Start.png (43.27 KiB) Viewed 288 times
It behaves the same what ever settings I used.
I have installed it on another 6th gen I5 and it works correctly. Do you know what can be causing this issue?

many thanks
Duncan G7VVF

G7VVF

Post by G7VVF » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi Dominique,

I seem to have fixed it but I'm not sure why I had the problem in the first place.
I had already reinstalled your application and this had made no difference. However when windows would start your old script would launch along with OBS and Vmix.
I stopped those programs from launching when windows started, I also deleted the C:\F1EJP and C:\ffmpeg and then reinstalled your app again and now it works correctly.
I thought I would post this update, incase anyone else has the same problems as me.
Working well but at 4ms/s I get frequent picture freezes, this with Ryde as RX. 2M and 1M work well.

many thanks
Duncan G7VVF

F1EJP

Re: FreeStreamCoder New Graphics Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Post by F1EJP » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks all for your repply

G7VVF at more than 1M there is some problem with support of INTEL, is it you case ?
I think with Intel it's require a powerful processor
I have the same issue with my laptop but not with my PC with NVIDIA
Look at the task manager to see is there is saturations
Capturejj.JPG
Capturejj.JPG (48.2 KiB) Viewed 229 times
73 Dominique

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”