Portsdown 4 still controllable via console interface (Putty) ?

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
ON1BTE

Portsdown 4 still controllable via console interface (Putty) ?

Post by ON1BTE » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am

Hello
Is the Portsdown 4, like Portsdown 2020 still controllable with Putty via the console interface?
When I enter the command /home/pi/rpidatv/scripts/menu.sh menu via putty, I get 'Portsdown DATV TX Version 202102250 By F5OEO and the BATC Team'.
I can apparently configure anything through the console.
I have tried with FW1.30 (MiniLime Selected) but also DVB FW (LimeDVB Selected) but I can only get it to produce a carrier at the set frequency ?
Patrick, ON1BTE

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Portsdown 4 still controllable via console interface (Putty) ?

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am

Hi Patrick

The basic functions are still controllable from PuTTY, but only the older features. I am no longer updating the console menu in Portsdown 4, as it is designed as a unit to be operated from the 7 inch screen.

Once the Lime has the correct firmware (1.30) is should work in that mode. Not sure about the DVB firmware.

Dave, G8GKQ

ON1BTE

Re: Portsdown 4 still controllable via console interface (Putty) ?

Post by ON1BTE » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick reply.
I know the intention is to use it with a 7 inch screen but I still wanted to try it via the putty console.
I have found out that it has something to do with the Source selection.
I have now quickly selected CARD16MPEG-2, CARDHDMPEG-2 and IPTSIN via the Putty console and the Portsdown 4 seems to be broadcasting with both FW1.30 and DVBFW. When I select CARDH264, it does not broadcast.
Patrick - ON1BTE

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”