I will see if there is a way to flush the TX buffers in between transmissions. Then the problem would only occur if you have very long overs.
I did look at a cheap sound dongle based on the CM108 USB chipset that has an external 12 MHz oscillator to generate all the internal sample rates.
Now I have to find a way of taking the 40 MHz oscillator on the Pluto and use it as a reference to generate a 12 MHz clock. All the
cheap clock generator chips on eBay need 25 MHz.
I knew someone would have a solution. What varient of that chip are you using?
The ones I have are designed to use a 25/27 MHz Xtal. I assume you removed the Xtal,
grounded one side via a capacitor and then fed the reference signal into the other pin?
Hopefully I will get the CM108 next week to try the idea out.
A bit more user feedback:
I've found my stubby fingers and careless operating means that sometimes I touch the DOTS button instead of the PTT button when going from transmit to receive. When this happens and I press DOTS again, the receiver locks up and requires a re-boot. Pressing PTT followed by DOTS seems to be ok.
I've also noticed that Band 2 (144MHz in my case), doesn't remember the settings (last frequency and Txvtr Tx/Rx settings), after switching to Portsdown and then back to Langstone via Portsdown Menu2. Band 1 and band 3 (70MHz and 432 MHz respectively here), seems ok in this regard. I haven't tried any of the other bands yet.
All understood re. transmit latency and mic gain/response.
I had an excellent Langstone to Langstone QSO with RadioGareth on 4m earlier today
73, Martin - G4FKK
I think I know what might be causing the second band problem. It is actually band 1 in the software. The old software used bands 0 to 9 but now I have added two more it uses 0 to 11. I suspect the search for BAND1 is also finding BAND10 and BAND11. I will fix it later.
I will also have a look at the dots problem.
Fix for second band not saving its frequency.
Fix for lockup when using DOTS.
Note that the fix for the frequency saving will result in your Langstone.config file being reset to defaults even if you have saved it.
Sorry, hopefully that is the last time that will happen.