First thing first: it lives!!
I managed to fix enough video stability bugs during the net that I could cut together a quick video of it working: https://youtu.be/hgtnhD2mjmk
Thanks to Dave for his help with testing, VLC configs and for the Pi4 which is making my testing much less painful.
The todo list before beta release is something like:
- Finish commenting the code (probably 80-90% done)
- Write basic getting started docs for beta testers
- Finish config files (probably 80-90%)
- Testing of "autoplay" fix
- Testing decode on common signals and transitions between them.
- Auto start on boot script
- Install and update scripts
- SD card image
- LNB IF Config
- On screen display of station id, signal parameters etc
- Raspberry Pi GPIO status flag output
- Raspberry Pi GPIO input buttons
- UDP control (for quicktune and the like)
- IR driver setup
- Tool for setting up IR remote
- BATC Streamer receive
- Raspberry Pi 4 dual screen
- Things I haven't thought of