CAT15 plans - version 1

Announcements and Discussion about the BATC's Flagship Event for 2015
g8gtz

CAT15 plans - version 1

Post by g8gtz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:05 pm

This is your convention and we want you to get involved! As those who came to CAT13 will know, there is a lot of space at Finningley for demos and we are hoping you will bring along your latest projects and also anything that you think will be of interest to others. The final session on Saturday "ATV on air and what's on my bench" will be an interactive session where we want you to tell everyone about what you've been up to and the lessons learnt!

There will be a members bring and buy area, the BATC shop, a couple of traders and Antennair who will be doing free of charge firmware upgrades to your DTX1 which includes 146MHz coverage and TS dock compatibility.

Hopefully there will be RF test equipment available so you can check out your latest project, a work area where Kevin will help you with that SMD project and lots of people on hand to offer advice and ideas.

There will be an informal meal on Saturday night at the Reindeer - please make sure you tick the box on the registration form (see following posts) if you intend to be there so we can give the restaurant an idea of numbers. There will not be a special menu and you will settle your own account on the night - you can get an idea of prices from the restaurant menu at http://www.thereindeerinn.co.uk/food-drink/

The proposed agenda is as follows - still a couple of slots to confirm, in particular we are looking for someone who has experience with Vmix http://www.vmixhd.com/ to do a beginners tutorial on what looks to be a very useful tool for ATV.

The agenda is still very much at draft stage so if there's anything else you want included, just let us know.

73s

Noel - G8GTZ
CAT15 program v1.jpg
CAT15 program v1.jpg (412.23 KiB) Viewed 12210 times

G8DPH

Re: CAT15 plans - version 1

Post by G8DPH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Put me down for dinner on Saturday.

Ashley G8DPH
Ashley
G8DPH

g0uhy

Post by g0uhy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:51 am

Noel,

I'll be there too for both days and the meal. What are the catering arrangements for the daytime? Will it be the same as the Microwave Roundtable?

Malcolm
G0UHY

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:07 am

As mentioned previously admission to CAT15 will be £10 per day (payable on the door) which will include free tea and coffee all day and lunch provided by Finningley Radio Club - this goes directly to FRC towards up keep of this great facility and ALL visitors will be expected to pay this, even if you are not stopping for the whole day and or having lunch.

Finningley Radio Club is setting up the registration website which will be available later today - if you intend coming to CAT15 please register so they know how many sandwiches to make! We will post again when the site is open.

The site will also include a tick box to say you would like to attend the Saturday evening dinner - please make sure you register and tick this box even if you have already posted / emailed me that you are coming and will be at the dinner on Saturday night.

Kevin G3AAF has also reminded me that there is camping facilities onsite for tents and caravans - there will be a tick box on the registration form or contact him at Kevin.Avery at tunstall.com for more details.

G1LPS Terry

Post by G1LPS Terry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:37 am

registered at Finingly website both days
NO EVENING MEAL TICK BOX?
Thanks
Terry G1LPS

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:45 pm

That's cos it's not finished yet and why I didn't publish the link!

There's always one :-)

Please don't register until later today when it will have the meal tick box.

g8gtz

Re: CAT15 registration now open

Post by g8gtz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:38 pm

The Finningley radio Club booking system is now open for CAT15 registration at http://www.g0ghk.com/events/cat-15/

The site also includes a tick box to say you would like to attend the Saturday evening dinner - please make sure you register and tick this box even if you have already posted / emailed me that you are coming and will be at the dinner on Saturday night.

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Re: CAT15 plans - latest update

Post by g8gtz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 am

Only 2 weeks to go to CAT15 and more than 35 people have already registered - If you intend to come please register at http://www.g0ghk.com/events/cat-15/ to enable Finningley radio Club to judge how many people to cater for. Make sure you tick the box if you would like to attend the informal meal on Saturday night.

Admission is £10 per day (payable on the door) which will include free tea and coffee all day and lunch provided by Finningley Radio Club - this goes directly to FRC towards up keep of this great facility and ALL visitors will be expected to pay this, even if you are not stopping for the whole day and or having lunch.

The agenda is pretty much unchanged from version 1 but we are still short of one presentation for Sunday afternoon - if you are willing to speak on a relevant topic please contact us before the event.
CAT15 v2.jpg
CAT15 v2.jpg (494.2 KiB) Viewed 11842 times
There will be a lot of space for demos and full workshop facilities so don't forget to bring along your latest project, whether finished or not. There will be an opportunity to talk about it and your latest on air activities and share ideas with others during the final session on Saturday afternoon.

There will be a members bring and buy area, so use this opportunity to re-cycle all that stuff you bought but haven't had time to use!

We will be attempting to stream the event but please be aware there is NO reliable internet connection on site and we will be using a mobile dongle - this means the stream may be intermittent. All the presentations will be recorded and available to watch after the event.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Noel - on behalf of the BATC committee.

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:04 pm

One quick update - Chris MW0LLK will be running a demo of Vmix during the weekend and will be giving a talk on Sunday afternoon on why we all need a green wall or cloth in our shacks!

Also Kevin will be providing a full range of RF test equipment, so bring along that latest pre-amp and see just how good (or bad) the noise figure is or your new DATV PA and see just how much you have to back it off to achieve acceptable spectral regrowth!
CAT15 v2.jpg
CAT15 v2.jpg (508.47 KiB) Viewed 11809 times

G8GKQ
Site Admin

CAT15 plans - What Next for DATV?

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 pm

For those of you attending CAT 15 on Saturday, I'd like to widen my discussion on "ATV on the Air and What's on my Bench" to include some ideas for those who have built up the BATC (or other) DATV projects such as DigiLite, DATV-Express, Tutioune, and want to know how they can put the building blocks together to make a more effective ATV station.

I would welcome ideas on the Forum on PAs, filters, antennas, preamps etc to include on Saturday.

Dave
G8GKQ

Return to “CAT 15 - Finningley 5/6 September 2015”