New area request

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0SAT

New area request

Post by M0SAT » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi Chris

Congrats on the forum and your efforts with CQ-TV.
I wonder if we could start a new section about repeater linking?
There is quite a lot of interest stirred by this topic and we (BH,HV,TV and FT) are already linked (EN, IV & UT to hopefully be linked in later this year).
It drives up activity and adds another level to the hobby.
I believe there may be some other repeaters "linked" but have no further details so would like to find out more from others about there endevours and also help those who would like to generate more interest/activity through their repeaters.

Thanks once again and 73's

Dave

N6IFU-ATV Newsletter

Re: New area request

Post by N6IFU-ATV Newsletter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:35 am

Hello Dave,

I saw your posting about a Repeater Linking Forum and it fits right in with what I have been promoting with the ATV Newsletter.

I would like to publish your posting in this weeks newsletter if that's alright with you.

Please let me know.

73's
N6IFU
Bryon Foster
Editor & Publisher of the ATV Newsletter
atv-newsletter@hotmail.com

M0SAT

Writing/discussing linking

Post by M0SAT » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Hello Brian

Be my guest, although you don't need my permission to discuss repeater linking. I am talking about linking neighbouring repeaters directly via RF and not web linking although we have done some of this also.

We have found that it encourages activity, gives operators more chance of communicating with someone when they switch the gear on and it looks good to demonstrate to non ATVers the possibility of "seeing" someone in realtime over a considerable distance which some amateurs don't manage to achieve with just audio!

I will be posting more details about our network soon and looking to see what other groups/repeaters are doing.

73's de Dave

Return to “General ATV Discussion”