Microwave advice Nera link equipment

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
gu6efb

Microwave advice Nera link equipment

Post by gu6efb » Sat May 11, 2024 8:38 pm

Hello

I have just removed two microwave link system the data plate says freq 24.25 Ghz to 26.50 Ghz
I have a full system both ends the TX/RX unit complete with 30cm prime focus dishes. The link was operating over a 60KM path. I have also all the power supplies and POE switches and controllers.
The equipment was made by Nera and has the number FL26AAA0A R1K 40103565
Has anybody have experience with this equipment and converting to amateur use?

I also have a full system from Nera for 7 to 7.6 GHZ as above and 60cm dishes again could they be made to work at 6cm?

I have no experience at these dizzy heights so any advice gratefully received.

73 Keith GU6EFB

g8gtz

Re: Microwave advice Nera link equipment

Post by g8gtz » Tue May 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Hi Keith,

Having looked at similar systems the general feeling is that only the dishes are worth keeping. Most of the gear is very wideband, programmed for frequencies above and below the amateur bands and if built in the last 15 years highly integrated. If it is older than that there may be some mixers / amplifiers connected by semi rigid which are worth recovering...

Hope this helps.

Noel

gu6efb

Re: Microwave advice Nera link equipment

Post by gu6efb » Thu May 16, 2024 11:02 am

Hi Noel

Many thanks for the reply. I will take the covers off and see what is hiding inside.

73 Keith

Return to “General ATV Discussion”