FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> New V2.80

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
mccla5214

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50 NEW V2.52

Post by mccla5214 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:26 pm

NVidia driver is the most current on their web site. Same for the Intel. I had forgot about the driver issue with the NVidia from when I tried to install Minitouner. The check program that comes with it will not run, throws a divide by zero on startup. Developer had me disable the graphics drivers and the program would run. With the drivers enabled, Minitouner throws an error about direct show start error check my video.grf file. Click on on it and Minitouner still loads and runs, it just won't display any graphics. Shows it's receiving the stream. Remember a post from somewhere about an issue with this and the developer has to do a Teamviewer session with the person and fix something in the LAV files. Going to have to hunt that one down.

Still have an issue with the Intel, it starts up and runs for a few seconds, then the IPTV output rate drops to zero and Minitouner loses signal. Don't know where this issue is coming from yet, may have something to do with the Minitouner error message, not sure. Only can fight one battle at a time.

Problem with uninstalling the NVidia driver, windows insists on putting it back as a generic Microsoft display adapter with a flag that the driver is wrong. I think it's time to start looking for a good desktop computer with a graphics card. Just don't want to get one that isn't going to work with the software or I'm right back to the start again.

Mike

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi..
I got wondering... This marvelous piece of software grabs the data from 1 point, creates a TS and sends it to an other point.
OBS creates a a virtual cam and send is on the IP...

Would i be able to use OBS on PC 1 and the encoder on pc 2 so the pc resources are dedicated to the program..

Benno

mccla5214

Post by mccla5214 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:02 pm

What I did was load the NDI-OBS plugin on the production computer and the NDI suite on both computers. I can go to the remote computer (a cheap mini-desktop Lenovo with HDMI output) and run the NDI Studio Monitor on it. The input is easy, just select NDI as the source, set the NDI Studio Monitor to run at windows startup and set full screen. When the remote computer boots, it automatically loads NDI Studio Monitor in full screen and establishes a ethernet connection with the production computer. What ever I have displayed in OBS on the production computer comes out on the HDMI port of the remote computer. But you must load this plugin then restart OBS if it was running. You won't need freestreamcoder to make the connection.

NDI has a lot of add-ins that are helpful like the test pattern generator with 1Khz tone for system setup. Just run it on the production computer and put it in OBS as an NDI source and you can test/align the entire system.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/ ... tudio.528/

Mike/KA5TDA

PE5PVB

Post by PE5PVB » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Great tool!

Is it possible to add MPEG2 to the codec selection? I need this for our local ATV repeater.

F1EJP

FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> soon V2.72

Post by F1EJP » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Hello,

To allow even more experiments and tests and facilitate access to the DATV for all, here are some additions for the next version being finalized.

New in the next version:
- Improvement in low bit rates by reducing the bit rates occupied by the DVB tables (periodicity)
- We can go down to a very low speed of the order of 59kb / s which allows transmissions in DVB-S2 SR25 or SR20 without audio.
- We can now go up to 8M of bandwidth in DVB-T (31Mb / s) Attention you need a powerful processor!
- The choice of 16/9 resolutions has also been increased from 426x240 to 3840x2160 (4k)
- Addition for testing mpeg2 (H262) in soft or hard coding for the INTEL GPU
- Added DVB PID and SID settings (optional in our amateur uses)

See you soon for your suggestions and feedback !

73 Dominique F1EJP
Last edited by F1EJP on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PE5PVB

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> soon V2.72

Post by PE5PVB » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Please also add an option to enter a service ID (SID)

mccla5214

Post by mccla5214 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Yes, please.

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Fascinating progress :-) How low can these bitrates go and more specifically, how can we receive these signals, especially when out /P??
Gareth G4XAT

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm

radiogareth wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:51 pm
Fascinating progress :-) How low can these bitrates go and more specifically, how can we receive these signals, especially when out /P??
Gareth G4XAT
I suppose we could just send I frames only - stop motion animation in effect. In that case very low rates but not moving video.

Mike

VK3IE

Post by VK3IE » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:26 pm

Support for Radeon RX Vega 10 graphics GPU possible
Thanks

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”