New Update 202009070 for the Ryde Receiver

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
G8GKQ
Site Admin

New Update 202009070 for the Ryde Receiver

Post by G8GKQ » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Tim has added functionality for preset channels and safe Raspberry Pi Shutdown into the latest Ryde Build, and I have modified the Console Menu to support it. This is now available for new builds and updates.

There are some limitations as the software is still very much “work in progress”.
  • I have defined 10 presets in the default build. You can modify each of them from the on-screen menu, but these on-screen changes are volatile and will be lost when you close the application or reboot.
  • You can modify the detail of each preset permanently from the ssh console menu (reached by entering 'menu' at the command prompt). However, you cannot modify the preset names. This was too complicated to handle in the Menu.
  • Each preset has frequency, SR and band defined. Frequencies and SRs can be multiple for scanning.
  • I have defined 8 bands. Each band has LO Frequency, LO side, LNB voltage, Tuner port and Band GPIO setting defined. Note that Band GPIO setting does not have any effect yet. You cannot modify the band names, but can modify all the other band parameters.
  • You can select which preset channel the receiver starts up on. It does not have to be the QO-100 beacon.
  • You can restart the application and safely shut down the Raspberry Pi from the "Power" sub-menu item. Note that you can only restart the application a limited number of times before a reboot is required; this bug is being investigated.
I have also added the AEG DVD remote to the Remote Control Library.

Please report any new bugs here, but only after checking the issues list here https://github.com/eclispe/rydeplayer/issues to make sure that they are really new.

Thanks to Tim for his continued efforts.

Dave, G8GKQ

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: New Update 202009070 for the Ryde Receiver

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

I should have mentioned that the presets are set by default so that QO-100 presets use Tuner Input A (the upper one), and all other presets use Tuner Input B (the lower one). This can be changed for each band from the SSH Console "Bands" menu.

Dave

g7ntg

Re: New Update 202009070 for the Ryde Receiver

Post by g7ntg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm

I tried to update via ssh and screwed it all up! I had to start from scratch with the card and it is fine again. I used the update option in menu and lost all my remote controls and it kept crashing after about 10 secs.
Just to let you know

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”