Pluto problems resolved

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8lce

Pluto problems resolved

Post by g8lce » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 am

THE PROBLEMS

I had problems with my Pluto connecting via the network and DATV Express. I had edited the config file and uploaded the new custom software. I had been using the Pluto for some time and had uploaded the firmware before. When the problems began I tried to fix them by deleting the files on the Pluto when looking at them with File Explorer in Windows. Then putting the pluto.frm file there and ejecting the pluto and waiting until the flashing stops and the pluto resets. This did not cure the problems!

THE FIX

The way to do it was to format the file area not just delete them. There were probably hidden files which did not get deleted. Then put the pluto.frm file across and eject. If you downloaded more pluto.frm files they will be stored as pluto(1).frm etc. so copy across and change to pluto.frm before ejecting etc.

The networking works without changing the settings in the config file even though my network is 192.168.123.xxx and the pluto is 192.168.2.1. As it says in the instructions don't change it. When I look at the network with Advanced IP Scanner the pluto appears in the 192.168.123.xxx addresses.

Also thanks to Mike G0MJW for pointing out the reason there is a problem with earths and the Pluto older editions and USB
https://wiki.analog.com/university/tool ... g/hardware

Martin G8LCE

g8lce

Re: Pluto problems resolved

Post by g8lce » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Another thing I have found while using my Pluto is that the USB disconnect when there is a problem with earth voltage differences is a lot less if the Pluto is powered through the power micro USB rather than an adapter as in
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
So I would not power it like this but straight into the Pluto via the socket on the bottom right when connecting it to a linear amplifier.

Martin G8LCE

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”