Pluto with DATV Express

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G3YQC

Pluto with DATV Express

Post by G3YQC » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Does the Pluto run successfully using DATV Express? If so which version?

Thanks John G3YQC

radiogareth

Re: Pluto with DATV Express

Post by radiogareth » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 pm

From what I can recall Version 1.25lp14 works for me when I was testing the Long Mynd Portsdown upgrade. MY pluto is running the latest software from the AD website, has been hacked for 70MHz - 6GHz and dual-core enabled.
You might like to try this too https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Custom_DATV_Fi ... _the_Pluto which apparently still leaves the pluto able to work as normal. Not tested by me though (I have two plutos).
Gareth

G3YQC

Post by G3YQC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Many thanks Gareth, it just confirms the point to me.

I have a brand new Pluto. I have installed the latest firmware, the latest driver and the LIBIIO Library.
I am using DATV Express version 1.25lp14 but always get the message; Adalm Pluto not found - 1005.
I am using the same software with the Lime Mini with no problem. I have checked that the config file selects the Pluto

Any ideas anyone please?
Thanks, John G3YQC

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Can you check what happens when you type 192.168.2.1 into your web browser? The Pluto web page should appear. If it doesn't, there is something wrong.

Mike

G3YQC

Post by G3YQC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Thanks Mike. I have done that and, indeed the required page does not appear, so clearly I must look into what the reason could be.

Thanks again, John

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:23 am

The likely suspects are:

Bad USB cable
Firewall
Bad USB cable
Bad USB cable
Drivers not installed
Pluto firmware messed up

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Any version of the Express software that has an l in it works with Lime
Any version that has a p in it works with Pluto

Simples

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:45 am

I had my Pluto working well with DATV Express until I installed the Custom firmware for DATV on the Pluto. This allowed me to use the Pluto via the LAN IP address (192.168.123.100 as my network is setup for addresses in the 192.168.123.xxx range and I modified the config file using file explorer as in the instructions ) and stream to it from vMix etc.
At the moment it only works when connected via USB (even though the communication is via the network)
I am working on finding the solution to this problem as I seem to be the only one who cannot connect via a OTG to USB and LAN convertor!
So don't expect DATV Express to work with a Pluto once the Custom firmware is used (at the moment?)

Martin G8LCE

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:02 am

g8lce wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:45 am
I had my Pluto working well with DATV Express until I installed the Custom firmware for DATV on the Pluto. This allowed me to use the Pluto via the LAN IP address (192.168.123.100 as my network is setup for addresses in the 192.168.123.xxx range and I modified the config file using file explorer as in the instructions ) and stream to it from vMix etc.
At the moment it only works when connected via USB (even though the communication is via the network)
I am working on finding the solution to this problem as I seem to be the only one who cannot connect via a OTG to USB and LAN convertor!
So don't expect DATV Express to work with a Pluto once the Custom firmware is used (at the moment?)

Martin G8LCE
This is a puzzle. Not all LAN converters are supported by the Pluto but assume you have one that is. My network, along with probably everyone else doing this, is a 192.168.1.xxx range. This really should not matter but everything else seems the same. If you have a spare switch lying around it might be worth seeing if you can get it to work to a PC without the router in the mix. Otherwise we appear to be stumped.

Mike

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Well, after a bit of changing things around, using different bits and pieces, I have still not been able to connect via the network. However one thing that I have found is that powering the Pluto via the Y lead that also has the USB LAN convertor, I can see the Pluto using Advanced IP Scanner ( one reason things take so long is waiting for it to scan all the addresses each time ) However it is not the same type of network connection I get when the USB direct connection is used. ( No '>' at the start of the line )
Then the interesting bit is that with this same power connection I then also put a PSU into the Pluto power in micro USB and , after rescanning with Advanced IP Scanner, no Pluto appears!
I found that by writing a IP address into the config file for the network it was easier to find the Pluto in the 'powered y cable mode rather than searching for a random router issued address.

Martin G8LCE

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”