Maximum symbolrates for different SDR

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
lowiess

Maximum symbolrates for different SDR

Post by lowiess » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:54 am

Hello

I have been playing around with the Adalm pluto and a minitiouner at my desk to see what is the maximumsymbol rate i could transmit and receive
I can not reach symbol rates above 500ks am I doing something wrong? I see pleople reaching higher symbolrates of 1000 and 2000
If put I DATV express on 1000ks I get an intermittent transmission and the signal switching on and off

I have connected the ADALM pluto and mintiouner to my brand new I7 8thGen laptop with 16 Gb(should be fast enough)

Who should i do to reach the 2000ks ?

Cheers Frans PE0F

g4eml

Re: Maximum symbolrates for different SDR

Post by g4eml » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:38 am

Both Minitioune and DATV Express need a lot of processor time. I find that running both on the same computer doesn’t work well, especially if you are also running Vmix or OBS. Using separate computers for Tx and RX will give you a better chance of higher SRs.

Colin G4EML

PE1BR

Post by PE1BR » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:39 pm

I've had the same problem with the pluto and Datv express.
Try going back to version 1.25lp12 for the Datv express software.

I'm running Datv express minitiouner and vmix at 2.5MS on my i5.
Not the most stable but it works for me for now.
Will try the F5OEO software in the future so I can do without DATV express and use OBS on my second (linux) machine.

lowiess

Post by lowiess » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:29 pm

I am now running OBS to stream to the Adalm Pluto the Pluto and minitiouner both are running on my powerful laptop I7 8thgen with 16Gb
The minitiouner and the Adalm Pluto are next to each other on the table and a little wire is in the minitiouner for reception on the Adalm Pluto i use the stock antenna
What symbolrates should work flawless ? With 333ks i allready get hicups in the reception, is this normal What woulkd be the maximum symbol rate for this setup?

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”