Possible use for Amateur DATV?

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

Possible use for Amateur DATV?

Post by radiogareth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 am

Yes, I know we already have great solutions, but wondering if this has scope for an even lower entry bar to receiving DATV?
https://www.hackster.io/news/introducin ... N2av1-OjA0
Does UGLY mode work on a PiZero?
Gareth G4XAT

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Possible use for Amateur DATV?

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 am

Hi Gareth

The RPi TV Hat is DVB-T/DVB-T2 only, so cannot receive any of our DVB-S/S2 transmissions. Generating DVB-T/T2 is difficult/expensive.

Not sure about Ugly mode on a Pi Zero. Evariste might have done it, but I've never tried it.

Dave, G8GKQ

radiogareth

Re: Possible use for Amateur DATV?

Post by radiogareth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Didn't realise that DVB-T was more complex. Just got my Pluto working with my phone, pretty amazing bit(s) of technology working together.
Trying to visualise a portable solution using maybe a wireless access point/router combined as a means of networking the pair (Pluto/Phone). Be easy with a laptop and a wired router. Or maybe you could plug the RJ45 direct between the Pluto (via USB-RJ45 dongle) and the laptop? I don't know enough about network protocol (=actually nothing) to answer that one.
Gareth

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”