CODEC Advice Needed

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G4NRT

Re: CODEC Advice Needed

Post by G4NRT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Steve,

That is comforting. I may well reformat and start from scratch! I just need to find time because it took about three days to reinstall all my apps!

Thanks and 73,

David

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Just read the post from John. For clarification I didn't install anything as Administrator.
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:01 am

Steve,

Did you install the Intel NUC Drivers Bundle? That is what I did originally. I have the NUC7i7BNH Model and downloaded over 900MB of zip file. I unzipped and installed in the order show in the readme file.

I just wondered if you did anything different? I am still toying with a complete re-install ....

David

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 am

Hello David,

Mine is the NUC8i7BEH; and yes I installed the Intel driver bundle.

Being aware of your problem I made Minitioune the first program to be installed.

Steve

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 am

Hi Steve! Thanks! I have fixed it. My configuration is that I have a Pluggable USB-C to Dual 4k HDMI (I have 3 x Curved 27" Monitors) adapter and my primary monitor was plugged into that and not in the built-in HDMI connector. Because of this I was unable to update the NUC's HDMI firmware to v2.0. I disconnected the Pluggable unit and plugged the primary monitor into the NUC's HDMI and then performed the firmware upgrade to v1.72.

After that the "Check MiniTioune Drivers and Filters" application ran correctly and I was able to see the F6DZP testcard and the rotating BATC logo. I then re-plugged the USB-C to HDMI adapter in (I left my primary monitor on the NUC's HDMI) and it still works fine. I have yet to try the Minitioune application itself as I will need to get my Portsdown plugged in again but I have no doubt that it will now work!

What a palaver! I an very glad it is fixed though and it was only because you also have the NUC that I persevered with it this morning!

Thanks and very 73 and (change of subject) maybe see you on 5.6GHz as well!

David G4NRT

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 am

Incidentally, the HDMI 2.0 update is not part of the bundle!

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 am

So was the problem bad HDMI firmware in the NUC or is minitioune not compatible with USB-C monitors?

Mike

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:45 am

Hi David,

Great news that it now appears to be working; onward and upward.

There was one problem with mine which is now resolved, luckily it was common enough to find a solution on YouTube.

I could see all the devices on my network except the NAS and therefore all my stored files. Word on the net says it's due to the latest Windows 10 update, some functions in the PC administration have been turned off by default. An awful rumour suggests the software writers would prefer you use their cloud than a home based server.

Yes 5.6GHz, not too good looking SE from my location (IO91RV). There's a big hill in the path with Luton Airport on it. :(

What portable locations are you near?

Best 73
Steve

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:12 pm

g0mjw wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 am
So was the problem bad HDMI firmware in the NUC or is minitioune not compatible with USB-C monitors?
Great question ... I did some tests and it appears to be the latter! If I run the test application on the monitor attached to the built-in HDMI it works fine BUT if I run it on either of the other two (which are connected by a dual USB-C to HDMI adapter (and I bought the one from Pluggable because it was certified by Intel to work with the NUC) then the video window remains black. It is using the DisplayLink drivers. I will now research updated drivers for that device ...

Later ... I have updated to the latest DisplayLink drivers dated August 2020 and the problem is still the same so I think it is DisplayLink related ... What an interesting and very difficult problem to solve!!

David

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:33 pm

M0SKM wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:45 am

<snip>
</snip>

Yes 5.6GHz, not too good looking SE from my location (IO91RV). There's a big hill in the path with Luton Airport on it. :(

What portable locations are you near?
I will need to research high spots ... Probably somewhere over towards West Kent on the Downs!!

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”