Pi looses menu and touchscreen?

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
G8DKC

Pi looses menu and touchscreen?

Post by G8DKC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

I've been trying to stream MiniTioune to Raspberry Pie, after some searching found udp .ts input, ip address and port 10000.
I then wanted to setup two Pi's from udp, one to composite out and the other to G8DKC stream.

Starting with the MiniTioune udp to my stream, after implementing this option and rebooting, first it didn't work, try again why not...
But now no touch screen, and also Portsdown menu missing and replaced by what looks like part of a standard pi menu.
So could go no further, same again on second Pi, all with latest updates.

Have not had much experience with the Portsdown, just used for streaming and watching repeaters, also DatvExpress TX, all worked well.

Regards

Peter

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Pi looses menu and touchscreen?

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Peter

I am not sure that I understand exactly what changes you were trying to make on your Portsdown when the problem occurred. Please can you describe what you did in a step-by-step manner?

I can then work out what might have gone wrong.

Thanks

Dave, G8GKQ

G8DKC

Post by G8DKC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi Dave,

Decided before I went further to re-format 3 SD cards and built them again.

That's got rid of the crashing problems, :-)

As for routing MiniTioune UDP via "IPTS in" to G8DKC stream will let you know, being mindfull of below...

Streaming MiniTiouner with ffmpeg, https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Streaming_dire ... iniTiouner

Only worked with i7 laptop lot's of memory, running very warm, but it did sugest fast Pc, so not worried.

Thank's

Peter

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Peter

Pleased that you have resolved the crashing cards.

I think that I understand what you were trying to do. However, it is not possible - or at least it is not designed to be possible! The only inputs on the Portsdown that can be routed to the BATC Streamer are the Pi Cam, the EasyCap video and the static test card (test card F).

The Portsdown IPTS input is intended to be used for DVB-S or DVB-S2 transmission only.

Dave, G8GKQ

G8DKC

Post by G8DKC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi Dave,

Worth a try, but common sence prevails.

Still an excelent "Swiss Army Knife" :-)

Thank's again.

Peter

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”