question - re 1.2/3 atv

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g6urm

question - re 1.2/3 atv

Post by g6urm » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm

um - just a question - as we know there is the simple route into 5.6 ghz atv with FPV kit - I see that there are also similar sets of kit for 1.2/3 ghz most of which have at least one or more "usable " channels - is there any reason these cant be used ?? - as not all of us have the nessery tech skills for digital atv /test gear/EYESIGHT to do SMC / - or just prefer good old simple analog stuff …………………. any way thoughts appreciated -
NO idea is too crazy so long as one fool believes they can make it work

M5TXJ

Re: question - re 1.2/3 atv

Post by M5TXJ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:25 am

Hi, (insert name :D )
I guess one way into 23cms which wouldn't be too stressful might be Portsdown 2019 with the Lime mini as TX and a Minitiouner express or DMYCO/iBravebox v8 Satellite finder as a receiver. Other than that I guess it's try and find some s/h 23cms analogue gear or one of the commercial DTX-1 DVB-S transmitters if you can find one.
73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

g6urm

Re: question - re 1.2/3 atv

Post by g6urm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 am

thanks dave - ( my name is brett btw ) - but only interested in these specific units - as I said - not into all this digital malarkey - k.i.s.s analog I understand - is simple and cheap - as there is no point investing in all the top end stuff as there is so little activity down here - and I have to rely on others to get anywhere useful site wise - so really its just to experiment with - I have 5.6 gear - but no one to talk to /view as likewise there is little /no interest - but then anything above HF down here in the BOONDOCKS OF THE FAR SW is almost regarded as voodoo - ( unless its connected to pc's and the net ) - the local 1.3 ghz box GB3WV closed down yonks ago owing to lack of interest after it left the north hessery tor site on Dartmoor - and was moved to Plymouth - and vhf /uhf upwards is virtually dead for most of the time as we are the "wrong" side of the great attenuator ( aka several billion tonnes of finest quality granite ) - so we are a bit "cut off " - more so for disabled hams who can only really operate from home 99% of the time - if you are "up country " with ANY activity - consider your self fortunate .lol ……………. any hoo thanks for replying :D :D
NO idea is too crazy so long as one fool believes they can make it work

Return to “General ATV Discussion”