ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4GUO

Re: ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Post by G4GUO » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 pm

I just fired up one of my Plutos and am getting -8 dBm of QPSK on 2.395 GHz and -4 dBm on 1.255 GHz using Express S/W.

- Charles

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm

I feel like a 'secret weapon' :-(
Sitting thinking 'Its odd how both my plutos AND my lime don't 'work' at 2395, so it MUST be something simple.
It was, Offset in MiniTioune was set for an LNB :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I feel seriously embarrassed for wasting bandwidth on this.
Maybe I should buy myself a spectrum analyser as a stand-alone after all.
Sorry folks.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:40 pm

radiogareth wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm
I feel like a 'secret weapon' :-(
Sitting thinking 'Its odd how both my plutos AND my lime don't 'work' at 2395, so it MUST be something simple.
It was, Offset in MiniTioune was set for an LNB :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I feel seriously embarrassed for wasting bandwidth on this.
Maybe I should buy myself a spectrum analyser as a stand-alone after all.
Sorry folks.
While clearly none of us have ever made a similar mistake- its good of you to admit it. It's easy to do. Not that I would know of course.

Mike

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Going back to my mysterious problem with my WIndows tablet and Pluto/DVB Express today, I have deleted all vestiges (I think) of any previous install and downloaded a fresh copy from the www.
When I go to TX on the tablet everything looks fine (having chosen camera, resolution and audio source), but the TX Queue stays at 0-1% and I don't get any DVB. However, if I choose just carrier it all works fine - I can see a nice carrier on my SDR and can control its level with the slider bar.
I don't get this on my I7 desktop, the tx Q stays around 20% and I get whatever DVB I asked for on whatever frequency (including 2395MHz....).
So I know its NOT the pluto.

Previously this tablet has worked fine with Express DVB (previous version)/Pluto as I was using it for amplifier linearity tests.

Suggestions welcome.....anyone else had this???

TIA

Gareth

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:13 am

Here is Analog Devices rather expensive £60 1W PA for 13 cms https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/ ... lab/cn0417

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 am

I found the price to be $35 for the evaluation board without postage.

https://shoppingcart.analog.com/AddMode ... CN0417-EBZ

Is it something we should bulk order?

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:21 am

Yes they seemed to have dropped the price since my original post.
It also seems different suppliers are charging different prices so
worth shopping around.

They have also been talking about doing other frequency ranges.

Quote from Robin Getz (Analog Devices) on Twitter

"Yes, we were looking to expand out various ism bands - 433.92 MHz; 915 MHz; 5.8 GHz with similar CN0417 specs. (1W, +20dB gain)"

- Charles

KenW6HHC

Re: ADALM-PLUTO - LimeSDR-mini or PLUTO?

Post by KenW6HHC » Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm

A comparison between the LimeSDR-mini and PLUTO boards has recently been posted to the DATV-Express Project topic on this forum.

I thought it might be interesting info for readers of this PLUTO topic.

73...de Ken W6HHC

G4EWJ

DATV-Express + Lime Mini problems.

Post by G4EWJ » Wed May 08, 2019 11:12 pm

On the laptop (W7Pro64) I've been running 1.25LP14 and 1.26.1 (F5OEO) successfully with a Pluto.

When using the Lime Mini, 1.25LP14 winds up one of the two cores to maximum and it stays like that. It does that in receive mode. 1.26.1 doesn't do that.

I've installed both programs on a W10 PC. Both of them show no formats in the video and audio drop down boxes for all devices.

Any ideas please?

Brian

ps8rf

Post by ps8rf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:25 am

Adlam Pluto presented a problem.

When I connect a power module to the Pluto TX output and activate DATV Express, I get a configuration error message: "ADALM-PLUTO or FMCOMMS Not Found -1005" and a windows message that the device was not recognized .

I tried with 3 different power modules. Even with the small SPF5189Z. The result was the same.

When I disconnect the module and connect the original antenna, the problem continues. In the configuration of DATV Express the option of the SDR HW is marked PLUTO.

Well, with the original antenna, I uninstalled the Pluto and DATV-Express drivers. Restarting the PC. After reinstalling the drivers and the DATV-Express connected to the original TX antenna, everything returns to normal. But if I remove the original antenna and connect a power module the problem repeats itself.

When I reboot the pc with the power module the initialization of the pluto SDR keeps repeating itself in Windows OS,. I already changed the cables.

If I reboot with the original antenna after reinstalling the Pluto drivers and DATV-Express , I can monitor my transmission.

Someone has gone through something similar and can guide me.

Thanks

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”