DATV-Express Project

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
F4HSL

Re: DATV-Express Project

Post by F4HSL » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Hy Charles,
Thanks a lot for your DATVExpress software. Anyway I have some problems...I have tested it with a PC windows (core i7) 10, up to date with Pluto and lime sdr mini.
No major problem with Pluto. With Lime mini, connected in USB3, latest drivers, the board is often not recognised by the software, I have to relaunch, to disconnect the board, trying again and so on, and sometimes it is not working at all and I have to reboot windows. The dialog between the board and the software during initialisation seems to be very slow (ie when I do a parameter modification in the software I have to wait quite a long time compared with the Pluto). However when it works it is fine. Seems to a mismatch? Drivers problem ? Any idea ?
Best 73’s
Yves (F4HSL)

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:35 am

Hello Yves,

I suspect it will be down to Lime updating their drivers, this is going
to be an ongoing issue until their product becomes mature. I will have
a look in the next few days but it will need a new version of the Express
software if they have in fact updated the drivers.

- Charles

F4HSL

Post by F4HSL » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello Charles,
Thanks for your answer. I have made some more testing. The pb appear when I launch the software, sometimes the board lime is not recognised, and when I open the windows task manager, express server is active in the processus list but not in the application list. When all is ok, express server appear in the application list. When I use only the board on USB (nothing else, no mouse), it is much better nearly all times. Same problems on others PC. The board lime seems to be ok, I have made the quicktest under ubuntu and no problem detected, even with USB. I have also noticed that the different lime dll packaged with your latest software are older than those from latest windows LimeSuite. I agree with you, there is an USB problem somewhere, does anybody have encountered the same bug ?
Again thanks for your great job.
73’s
Yves (F4HSL )

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Yves,
Yesterday I had very similar problems; at first I noticed the GUI kept closing and output ceased. However on occasions the GUI closed but transmission continued. Today I have used the same setup and it has been better behaved; although the board is often not recognised.

Lime Mini has previously worked fine with this laptop and software. I'm pleased it's not just me with issues.

73 Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:44 pm

I would be interested to know whether this has started to happen after you upgraded the firmware / gateware in the Lime or
has always happened?

- Charles

F4HSL

Post by F4HSL » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 pm

For me this happens from the beginning, I have never upgraded the firmware, anyway I don’t know how to do it. I have the 1.2 version.
73’s
Yves

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 pm

It is likely you need to update the Firmware / Gateware
I am currently running
Firmware 5
Hardware 1
Protocol 1
Gateware 1.26

https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR_Firmware_Management

I have not tried that command from Windows.

I will think about adding a dialog to the Express program that displays the firmware version.

- Charles

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Just installed latest Lime Suite via Pothos.
Using the Windows command described in the link I have renewed the LimeSDR Mini drivers and the DATV Express software is running suite. ;)

Thanks Charles
lime_mini.jpg
lime_mini.jpg (35.8 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

F4HSL

Post by F4HSL » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Happy to know this upgrade has solved your issue. I have done the same thing. Latest firmware version now, but unfortunately same problems :(
73’s
Yves

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Don't despair, I have created a new version of the latest LimeSuite libraries
but I need to add some code to check the library and firmware match.

I got a bit diverted this morning (getting stuff ready for Es'hail 2), watching
the signal path videos on Youtube and reading about GR-Wavelearner
(applying AI to Gnuradio).

- Charles

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”