Robs prob - pi 3b+ and building sd card up

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
ZL3TCM

Robs prob - pi 3b+ and building sd card up

Post by ZL3TCM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 am

Ok I have a perfectly working Portsdown system working on a pi 2 , I had a pi 3 lying around but thought na lets get the flash harry 3b+ so off I went got it home with a new 32 G Sandisk micro SD card. Now Im thinking rather that upgrade straight away the working system I would make a new one first based on the 3b+ and maybe try out the rtl dongle Rx function. I downloaded the new stretch zip file use the win Image writer and install onto the sd card , add the ssh file and away I go ......... Na not happening

I connect up network cable add a touchscreen add the power wait a while, a minute or two do a IPscan see 192.168.1.73 go to use putty and get
mag1.jpg
mag1.jpg (70.91 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
I have had a bloke look around and cant see where I have gone wrong

any Ideas?
Rob ZL3TCM

VK5BI

Re: Robs prob - pi 3b+ and building sd card up

Post by VK5BI » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Rob,

on the main screen select the top line of the selection policy field as highlighted in the attatchment and then using the down
button on the right hand side move it to the bottom of the list and then try reconnecting to the ip address. You will have to do
this every time you use putty. It worked for me.

Wayne VK5BI
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.17 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi

I built 10 cards from scratch yesterday (on an RPi 3B, not a 3B+) and did not see this problem. However, I used Kitty not Putty - not sure whether that was why I did not see it.

Dave

ZL3TCM

Post by ZL3TCM » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Thanks for the hint

Wayne VK5BI , your version looked a little different so I downloaded a newer version and now all is sweet , many thanks

Rob ZL3TCM

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”