ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4GUO

Re: ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Post by G4GUO » Sat May 05, 2018 7:10 am

Hello Dave,

Yes

F4DAV has had leandvb (DVB-S) running on the Pluto itself.

I have been working on DVB-S2/S2X receive for the Pluto but my code is not ready for release
and requires an NVIDIA GPU to work.

- Charles
Hi all,

Has anyone investigated using both the TX and RX sides of the Pluto to produce a DATV TRX for 13cm, 9cm or 6cm?

73 Dave

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Sat May 05, 2018 8:20 am

Thanks Charles,

Software is far beyond me (I can't get the solder to stick) but the prospect of being able to use a Pluto with a preamp/PA/aerial c/o out portable would really open some amazing possibilities. I really take my hat off to you blokes who know how to stick the 0's and 1's together in the right order.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 pm

kd2hns wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 pm
I did try to install leandvb on my raspberry pi 3 had some errors with my RTL-SDR so I'll try and figure that out.
Chuck

The standard Portsdown build for the RPi 3 has LeanDVB installed, and will work out of the box. It works well across the shack at up to 1MS. I'm hoping to make some configuration improvements to push it to 2MS in the next month or 2, but have been distracted by configuring the Portsdown to transmit using a Lime SDR Mini (it works, but I need to extend the GUI so that I can control DVB-S2 parameters).

Too many SDRs, not enough time!

Dave, G8GKQ

kd2hns

Post by kd2hns » Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Dave

Thanks for the info When I get a chance, I'll look into the Portsdown. I finally did my MiniTiouner-Express Receiver , downloaded the software was pretty easy to setup with no hiccups and with my Pluto setup with DATV-Express program was able to transmit at 1249 mhz dvb-s2 sr2200khz H.264 and got a great HD picture alittle delay but it looks real good. I put it up on vivdatv.org and work great can't believed it work this good first time.
Kudos to programmers of the MiniTiouner and DATV-express programs. Next Thing I guess is to get amps and antennas for the MiniTiouner and Pluto anyone have any suggestions? Thanks guys for all the suggestions so far.

Chuck

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Just like to post my thanks to Charles for the software (DATV-X) which I got working well this morning on a cheap Linx 12C64 tablet. Only on 'transmit a carrier' at the moment which I can see on my SDR, I'm presuming DATV will be a much wider and so weaker signal to look for in a much wider waterfall.
A feature suggestion - if NO video source or audio source is selected, still allow a carrier to be transmitted? Trivial but handy on my main PC which does not have any webcam ATM and I need the Linx (which has a webcam) for Minitioune....

Thanks

Gareth

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:46 pm

And just borrowed a webcam and got MT receiving the Pluto on 437 :-) Something in the shack is giving a noise floor of -60dBm which doesn't help much. but its working:-)

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Bit more playing in the shack today, DATV on 2M, 70cms, 23 and 13 all from the Pluto via DATV-Express. Impressive isn't the word! PA for 4M in the post, need an upconverter now, off to the Spectrum Comms website I think, as its beyond my junkbox!

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 pm

radiogareth wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Bit more playing in the shack today, DATV on 2M, 70cms, 23 and 13 all from the Pluto via DATV-Express. Impressive isn't the word! PA for 4M in the post, need an upconverter now, off to the Spectrum Comms website I think, as its beyond my junkbox!
Why stop at 13cm? Pluto will do 9cms and 6cms too. It will do all bands from 4m to 6cm.

Why do you need a 4m up converter? If you have a Pluto you can program it to convert 4m to 23cm to feed into a minitiouner.

oe6rke

Post by oe6rke » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Joining Evaristes Encoding stack with latest PlutoWeb Firmware for pluto should do the trick (https://github.com/unixpunk/PlutoWeb ), Imho leaniiotx would be the best entry since Taking an iq stream. futher i with portsdown could take Advantage of this Scenario and support with low profile cpu consumption this sdr.

br Robert, 73 de oe6rke

G8XZD-TV

Post by G8XZD-TV » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

MJW Why do you need a 4m up converter? If you have a Pluto you can program it to convert 4m to 23cm to feed into a minitiouner.

A how-to for CQ-TV maybe Mike?

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”