Contest exchanges

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G0DJA

Contest exchanges

Post by G0DJA » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:22 pm

I've been reading up on the rules for the contests and I have some questions about the 4 digit number that has to be seen in vision. Mainly because I've never taken part in an ATV contest, so I thought I'd better understand the rules before making a complete mess of it. :shock:

In the non-repeater contests, do you change the 4 digits for each new contact, or keep them the same? I ask because I'll make up a sample to take with me, observing the rules about non consecutive numbers and not repeating a number in the group, of course, if I need to change it for each contact as, if doing it 'on the fly' I might forget the no repeated digits and no consecutive numbers rule in the heat of the moment.

I guess that, reading the rules for the Repeater contest, you need to use a different set of 4 digits per repeater, so if you use two repeaters you will have two groups of numbers and possibly a different resultant number from the addition process. So, where do you put the second set of numbers please, as the log sheet I downloaded only has one box to put them in?

Thanks for any help, advice or clarification on this.

Dave (G0DJA)

G0DJA

Re: Contest exchanges

Post by G0DJA » Thu May 01, 2008 9:16 pm

OK, I'll ask somewhere else instead then.

As a matter of interest, how may ATV enthusiasts are there in the UK? And, I wonder how many log on here?

I guessed it was a minority interest, but not quite how small a minority...

EddieG0EHV

Post by EddieG0EHV » Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Hello Dave,
I find the board a bit quiet as well, I'm used to the very active 4 Metre site!

Nice to have you call in and see 60% of the NE England population tonight on GB3KM webstream!!

Maybe see you on the next contest?
Rob (M0DTS) myself and possibly one or two more are looking to be/P on 8 July from North York moors.

Regards,
Eddie
G0EHV

G0DJA

Post by G0DJA » Tue May 06, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Eddy,

It was a 1st to hear myself coming back via the internet on the 144.750MHz FM audio feedback on GB3KM tonight. :-)

However, I don't think I'll be able to get a TV picture through KM under 'normal' conditions, so I'm planning to make some portable 23 and 13cm antennas and go /P somewhere a bit north of here during the Summer.

I now need to find a small, portable, 12 Volt powered TV to take with me.

Dave (G0DJA)

EddieG0EHV

Post by EddieG0EHV » Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 am

Hello Dave,
I have often picked up small 12V B/W portables (5") from my local market, don't pay more than about a fiver! Make sure the audio/video sockets are on the rear.

Rob (M0DTS) has just ordered a colour 12V TV from ebay, brand new "Crown-CTF101-10-12V-Portable-Television-Caravan-Boat" for £35 +£10. A bargain.

Regards,
Eddie
G0EHV

G0DJA

Post by G0DJA » Thu May 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks for the idea Eddy,

Can someone answer the question about the numbers. Do you change them between contacts, or keep the same ones throughout the contest, please?

Dave (G0DJA)

G0DJA

Post by G0DJA » Thu May 08, 2008 2:21 pm

EddieG0EHV wrote:Rob (M0DTS) has just ordered a colour 12V TV from ebay, brand new "Crown-CTF101-10-12V-Portable-Television-Caravan-Boat" for £35 +£10. A bargain.
Yes, I see them on the 'buy now' option.

Maybe I'll go that route then. :-)

Return to “General ATV Discussion”