DigiTwist.

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4EWJ

Re: DigiTwist.

Post by G4EWJ » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:57 am

Hi Mans,

I haven't published the details as yet. I've sent you an email.

Brian

mans9h1gb

Post by mans9h1gb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the reply.
I have received the email and answered .
thanks
73's
Mans. 9H1GB

G0DBH

Post by G0DBH » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi,

this thread has been quiet for a while and I was wondering has there been any progress?

I would also be interested to know if the dual Disecq pcb would be useable to drive a couple of VBox units to convert Disecq to 36V and then drive azimuth and elevation jacks.

Best wishes,
Lee G0DBH.

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi Lee,

To answer your second question, yes I think so in principle, but it may be a lot of work. Am I right in thinking that the VBox doesn't use USALS, so you have to tell the VBox to do so many revolutions of the jack and then you store that number? Is there a linear relationship between turns and dish angle? If not, then it gets very difficult.

I must post a DigiTwist update. It's going to be a long time before we can try it with the ISS again.

Brian

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi Brian,

I was wondering if there is a simple solution to controlling one of these motors. With Oscar 100 now working, it is an easy way of setting up a dish. I use a satellite rx for it but with just a Minitioune RX and a positioner controller it would make it easier for some. You can see my video here https://youtu.be/wv1Srw6F8Bs and part two here https://youtu.be/R8MSILdu2Hk . I may make part three showing the wiring setup using a splitter. It seems simple now but may make it easier for first timers.

Martin G8LCE

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:41 am

Hi Martin,

I don't know. Whatever positioning system you set up, you need to receive something to verify that it's set up correctly. It's difficult to precisely align the positioner with local south and for DigiTwist, it's difficult to set an offset dish so that it's beaming vertically.

After setting up, I send it to a few satellites and see if it finds them. If it doesn't, then it's back to making small adjustments to counter the initial misalignment.

Most sat receivers can drive a positioner with USALS, which would be easier than using DigiTwist.

Brian

lu1hko

Post by lu1hko » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello Brian:

Hope you and your family are OK.

I am testing Digitwist with the moon now. I will attempt to receive the 10 GHz Moon EME Beacon.
I hope 1 degree may be usable for this.

I am now using a 3 mts dish for 1296 EME work and I see at the post someone asked you about Vbox use.
I use a Vbox for Elev movement using only its motors drivers and controlling the Up-Down buttons with the LVBtrack board. For angle metering, I use a single pendulum with a 500-ohm variable resistor.
It works fine.
Do you have a Digitwist software update, I run Version 0.43 now.
Yours
Fernando
LU1HKO

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:40 am

Hi Fernando,

All's well, I hope you're the same. There's not been much development, just some screen format changes. I haven't done anything with Vbox.

Nice dish!

Brian

Return to “General ATV Discussion”