LKV373A Hackable HDMI to UDP TS MPEG4 encoder for $40

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4GUO

Re: LKV373A Hackable HDMI to UDP TS MPEG4 encoder for $40

Post by G4GUO » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 am

Hi Bevan,

You might want to try using WireShark https://www.wireshark.org/ to look at the TS
as there is an issue with it sending zero length UDP packets which FFMPEG does not like.

- Charles

f5oeo

Post by f5oeo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Play also with my lkv373A.
Transport stream output is not workable "as is" as it is not a constant bitrate. Need a process to extract video PID and reprocess entire TS (as mention by Charles).
The encoder is probably a ITE IT9919 which is used in HV320E from Hides.
No parrallel output is possible but a serial one is written in the datasheet.

Video is quiet constant so working with this module seems a good option at least with a software job for post process.

Evariste

vk5bd

Post by vk5bd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:23 am

I have been having a bit of a play and still needing to get on top of which firmware version is best, even in VLC at them moment I don't get a stable picture so I need to do more experimenting there.
I also used ffmpeg to replaced the pids within the rpidatv code (thinking that the process behind Vmix to RPIDATV works okay), but until I get stable video this process is not going to work either.
My current method is to receive the stream with your MNC code into a new rawvideots pipe, then ffmpeg this pipe into a mpegts setting pids etc and then piping back into videots for rpidatv's use. There is a little degradation of the stream via this method but at least the pids are manageable.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”