BATC FM IF boards?

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
G0NMY

BATC FM IF boards?

Post by G0NMY » Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Are there any of the BATC FM IF boards still available? I think they were 50MHz IF
I want to use them on a mixer diode from a solfan Gunn Unit.
If not do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can use for a 50Mhz IF or 70MHz maybe all for FM TV rx.

Cheers Mark
GØNMY

http://www.g0nmy.blogspot.co.uk/

¡ʎɐqƎ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq I ǝɯᴉʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ

g8vpg

Re: BATC FM IF boards?

Post by g8vpg » Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 am

Mark,
Wood & Douglas used to produce a 50MHz FM IF board in the 1980's, called the VIDIF. I still have one working here, but they are probably rarer than hens teeth to source now! One thought is that you may be able to use an old FM analogue satellite receiver. If your system will run with a wider IF, say around 1000MHz, then you could use the receiver as it comes. However, I believe that many of them used an IF of around 70MHz after the tuner module, so you may be able to hack into it as this point.
73 Shaun G8VPG.

G0NMY

Post by G0NMY » Thu May 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi Shaun thanks for the reply, yes I remember the W&D TVIF board but thought I would stand a better chance with the batc boards maybe kicking around in a shack junk box maybe. When we first got into ATV back in the 90's we all built the 23cms stripline front end and a u321 tuner to slope detect GB3UD using A.M.
Then the BATC launched the FM-IF Board and we all got FM receive up and running. There were quite a few of us here in stoke who built such receivers and all inside an old Rediffusion TV box
A mate did have 2 of them but guess what, yeah as usual he dumped them two weeks before I needed them :lol:

Yeah I did think about the 70Mhz I.F. Didn't the Bennets manual tune sat RX use 70MHz? Not 100% sure, but that might be an option.
I have some 24GHz solfans and wanted to try them for ATV hence the idea of the I.F tap off the mixer diode.
Analogue ATV still in use here in Stoke ;) :D
Anyway I will keep looking, I did email the BATC to see if they had any old stock but havent heard anything back from them so I assume they dont.
Thanks for the reply Shaun 73 Mark GØNMY

http://www.g0nmy.blogspot.co.uk/

¡ʎɐqƎ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq I ǝɯᴉʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi all
Looking for BATC FM IF PCB board as in TV 122
eater made up or bare

This is a 36 Mhz FM video IF and has 3 ic on it
2 off NE 592 and a NE 564

The board is about 3.5 in by 3.5 in square