Availability

The place for discussion about the RPi add-on RB-TV modulator card developed by G4EWJ and supported by the BATC Shop
g7ocd

Availability

Post by g7ocd » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Are there any PCBs available (or for digilite for that matter) ?

tia,
Jason

G4EWJ

Re: Availability

Post by G4EWJ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:35 pm

I found a possible replacement for the DAC7801, but it's a tiny thing and needs to go on a carrier board.

I found a company who make carrier boards and will buy the chip and fit it on. When I tested it, it didn't work at all. On closer inspection, almost all the vias that connect the chip to the DIL pins were faulty and the chip was just floating in mid air. I replaced the vias with wire, but I still couldn't get it to work. It probably didn't like me sanding off the solder resist on the vias to make the connections.

I'm unsure how to proceed. We can certainly get more of the current pcbs made. The DACs are available on Ali Express, but I don't know a source for the MMIC. There must be something similar, even if it has lower gain.

I have a few pcbs left, so if anybody would like one, PM me.

Brian

g4tnx

Post by g4tnx » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi all,

Is the Digithin still around or has the difficulty with parts led to its demise?

If so is there an alternative in the pipeline for an equivalent?

Cheers
Lee G4TNX

(Never tidy up your shack, I did have a built digithin, whereabouts now unknown...)

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi len,

Digithin is no longer available :-(

However, in CQ-TV 254 due out before the end of the year you will find details of a complete new system based around the Rpi :-)

Watch this space....

Noel - G8GTZ

Return to “DigiThin”