CAT14 - UPDATE

Announcements and Discussion about the BATC's Flagship Event and General Meeting for 2014
g8gtz

CAT14 - UPDATE

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Less than 2 months to go and we are starting to get the talks lined up - so far we have the following:

• ISS HAMTV experiences and success by Colin G4KLB

• DVB-S satellite transponder for Amateur TV use by Graham G3VZV

• 4K television, what, how and why by Mike Cox

• Producing Amateur Television programs - how to make ATV more interesting by Mike G8LES

• DATV-Express, great expectations by Charles G4GUO

• Digilite, what next by Brian G4EWJ

• Using Surface mount components at home - a talk by Kevin G3AAH. This will be followed by practical workshops where you can build something useful!

We probably have room for one more talk so contact us ASAP if you have something you want to talk about - or if there's something you think we should really cover during the convention.

As well as the SMD practical workshop, Mike G8LES is planning a test and fix it workshop - however due to lack of demand last time, we would like to know in advance if anyone is bringing things for Mike to tweak! This can be RF or video, analogue or digital.

There will be a member's bring and buy area and we have a couple of traders lined up - if you are a trader and you want a table please let us know in advance.

Don't forget it's cheaper to book your admission tickets in advance at the BATC shop and the Apollo hotel have offered us a very good room rate - see previous post for details - where we will be holding an informal dinner on the Saturday night.

Finally, doors open at 12 noon and lectures start at 1pm on Saturday with the BATC General Meeting on Sunday afternoon which will include a review since the last GM and committee elections.

We look forward to seeing as many as possible of you there.

g8gtz

Re: CAT14 - UPDATE

Post by g8gtz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:35 am

The SMD workshop will be run by Kevin whose call sign is of course G3AAF and not G3AAH as previously published here, on the website and in the members email that went out last night - the joys of cut and paste!

Many apologies Kevin :)

Noel - G8GTZ

2E0DTX

Post by 2E0DTX » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm

All sounds good!

Could someone who went to the last CAT at that venue please advise - is the hotel within walking distance :?: ?

73's

Laurence

g8gtz

Re: CAT14 - Hotel

Post by g8gtz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Laurence,

The closest hotel and in walking distance is the Apollo where BATC has also got the special rates - and there will be others staying there who I am sure will give you a lift in exchange for beer.

A special BATC rate of £65 B&B (single), £75 (double) and £80 (twin) has been negotiated at the Apollo (4*) hotel which is within 1 mile of the convention venue http://www.apollohotels.com/ – please ring the hotel reservations directly on 01256 796700 (NOT via the web site) and quote "BATC 060914" to get this rate.

Google map link showing the various hotels and venue: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 1nh6JuLwUs

Noel - G8GTZ

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am

As well as the SMD practical workshop, Mike G8LES is planning a test and fix it workshop -
however due to lack of demand last time, we would like to know in advance if anyone is
bringing things for Mike to tweak!
If anyone has a rubidium or GPS locked frequency counter, I have a 5MHz reference and comb generator that I would like to have measured please. A 10GHz spectrum analyser would also be handy.

Brian

G4OCO

Post by G4OCO » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 pm

G4EWJ wrote:
As well as the SMD practical workshop, Mike G8LES is planning a test and fix it workshop -
however due to lack of demand last time, we would like to know in advance if anyone is
bringing things for Mike to tweak!
If anyone has a rubidium or GPS locked frequency counter, I have a 5MHz reference and comb generator that I would like to have measured please. A 10GHz spectrum analyser would also be handy.

Brian
Count me in, I have a G3RFL test card generator that I would like to get working, so Mike G8LES I am in need of your talents!

P5C

Roger G4OCO

Return to “CAT 14 - Basingstoke 6/7 September 2014”