Severe delays for BATC shop

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
g8gtz

Severe delays for BATC shop

Post by g8gtz » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:51 pm

Please note that all orders placed on the BATC shop are being severely impacted by the Postal Stike in the UK as well as the normal Christmas rush.

I think it is entirely possible that orders placed next week will not arrive before Christmas and could potentially get lost or delayed until the new year.

I have looked at alternatives but cannot find any service that does not require significantly more work from the volunteers (me) running the shop!

At the moment I simply put an address label printed by the Woocommerce shop software onto the envelope and drop it at the post office - the "Drop and Go" card means I can jump all the queues :-) and they do the rest. For overseas orders (including Guernsey!) we have to add a customs form with value of goods only.

All alternative services I have found require a web form to be filled in including both addresses, weight and type of goods which is significantly more work than we currently do - if anyone knows of a different service please let us know!

Happy Christmas.

Noel - G8GTZ

Return to “BATC Shop”