PICs for Portsdown 8-Band Switch

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
G8GKQ
Site Admin

PICs for Portsdown 8-Band Switch

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:54 pm

The ongoing semiconductor shortage has meant that I have been unable to restock the BATC Shop with the programmed 16F883 PICs used on the Portsdown 8-band switch decoder board. I was surprised to find that Microchip Direct, DigiKey and Farnell were all out of stock in December. I did find a small stock of 10 with Futurlec and am now awaiting delivery.

If you have your own PICs, the code to program them is available on GitHub: https://github.com/BritishAmateurTelevi ... and-Decode.

As I say, a limited quantity of new stock is "in the mail", and I will post an update here when it is placed in the shop.

Dave, G8GKQ

PA3AOD

Re: PICs for Portsdown 8-Band Switch

Post by PA3AOD » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:54 am

Hi Dace,

Strange about Digikey.
When i looking at the stock it tells me there are 829 for immediately shipment on this moment.
See link: https://www.digikey.nl/en/products/deta ... 06AZgAE2oA

Still waiting for buying a pre-programmed PIC for my PD-4.
Can buy such a PIC but i have no pic programmer that's my problem.

Bert PA3AOD

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:31 pm

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

When I checked in December, the only place that I could find with any stock of 16F883s was Futurlec. I placed an order with them, but they failed to tell me that they were holding it until they received sufficient stock to complete my order. That part-order is in the mail to me now, but I have today placed an additional order with DigiKey (who appear to have re-stocked while I was on holiday).

I have also been advised the the 16F886 is a slightly more capable pin-for-pin replacement that only needs a small modification to the .asm code to work in the decoder.

So, as soon as either order of 16F883s arrives with me, I'll program some units and put them back in the shop.

Back to my other projects.....

Dave

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:15 pm

Now back in stock.

Dave, G8GKQ

Return to “BATC Shop”