Serit 4434 NIM out of stock

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
g8gtz

Serit 4434 NIM out of stock

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:19 am

Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of the Serit tuner.

We have placed an order with Serit for 400 more units but these are unlikely to be delivered before April 2022 - hopefully this date will not slip further due to the current worldwide silicon shortage.

We do have one or two (literally) units which we could make available to very special projects such as repeater receivers or demonstrations stations. Please email admin@batc.tv to plead your case.

Please DO NOT email me asking when units will be available - I will post on this thread any updates.

In the meantime, if you have any spare NIMs or built-up tuners that are not in use, please consider offering them for sale in the "For sale" section of the forum to help others in the ATV community to get on the air.

BATC does not like Shelfware!

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Re: Serit 4434 NIM out of stock

Post by g8gtz » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:03 am

Quick update.

Serit have accepted our order for 400 off 4334 NIM and are saying delivery will be approximately 2 months (beginning May).

Noel

ON6ZG

Post by ON6ZG » Wed May 03, 2023 7:49 am

Hi,

Yesterday I wanted to order 2 NIMs but it was only possible to order 1, so I sent an email to ask about this limitation.
Today i saw that they are out of stock, so I have none :(
Any idea if they will return ?

best regards Jan ON6ZG /DL6ZG

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed May 03, 2023 4:33 pm

The limitation to 1 only is because the stock is running low and to enable as many newcomers to get at least one. I just looked and they were in stock, but perhaps if you ordered before the system remembers?

Mike

ON6ZG

Post by ON6ZG » Wed May 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Strange this morning it was out of stock. But now i have at least 1.

best regards, Jan

G8YTZ

Post by G8YTZ » Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 am

I have just purchased a GTMedia V9 Prime Sat box from Amazon for £55.

Conclusion a good receiver for fixed repeaters at 1MS/s and above with IF in the normal sat range. You will need pre-amp and filtering as expected.

I've not tested with the newer MARS software which has very good reviews. Upgrade process is just like the GTMedia sat finder, files published on the GTMedia forum. Upgrade process is simple via USB, just like the Sat finder.

- First impressions are very good as a fixed repeater monitor/receiver. Supports DVBS/S2/S2X.
- The spec only shows support for 2MS/s and above
- I tested at 1MS/s and works ok, but does not work at 500kS/s. I've not tested at 1.5MS/s as yet
- Looks like 950MHz is indeed the lower limit - I tested at 750MHz and 427MHz, no joy.
- It is VERY easy to setup and is producing great results at 1080p.
- Useful information on-screen, including Codec for sound/vision, signal/quality etc. H.265 video is reported at MPEG(?) H.264 reported at H.264
- It supports H.265 (tested by me using the Jetson-Lime setup at 2MS/s) and many other features that I've not explored as yet. H.265 is my main reason for purchase (see below).
- The blind scan speed is very fast. Like most receivers it does not however do an automatic TP scan, you have to manually scan TP, but that's fine for a repeater monitor.
- It has very low latency.
- There is also a 4k version, also with DVB-T/T2 at twice the price.
- I'll do a full review in the next few weeks.
- It can be upgraded to support the MARS software. I will include this in my review too.
- My understanding is that is uses Android OS
- For receiving GB3JV, and the like this is a great receiver. I need the H.265 support as it is intended to move JV to H.265 soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09N77JBFY? ... ct_details

STOP PRESS: Another advantage of this box.... 12V operation and I measure 5.2W power consumption to the supplied AC Adaptor (Identical to the one supplied with the Sat Finder).

Justin G8YTZ.

Return to “BATC Shop”