Actual delivery times to EU?

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
g0mjw

Re: Actual delivery times to EU?

Post by g0mjw » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 pm

dl5eu wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:16 pm
Hello Dave,

Order date: 27th March 2021, order status: Completed. No further news until today.

The shop does not indicate when the order has been processed (at least I haven't seen it) but if I remember correctly the status changed two or three days after I had ordered the parts. Still awaiting the arrival of the parcel.

I don't know how long it normally takes or how long it took before the UK left the EU but local deliveries in Germany take also more time now, probably due to the COVID situation.

Regards,

Ralf
I suggest we no longer send to the EU for the foreseeable future. The brickbats and criticisms that result and the risks of lost shipments are too much for a volunteer organisation. Perhaps set up an EU based partnership in the longer term.

Mike

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:54 am

As the shop guy who posts all the orders (apart from SD cards) all I can do is apologise for any delays you are seeing.

First of all, I generally do 2 runs to the post office each week so depending on when you place the order you could see a 2 -4 day delay before it is posted or it could go out the same day. You will get a 2nd email from the shop saying your order is processed complete, normally on the day of posting. Contrary to what you may think, when it gets busy I do go more often just to clear the backlog!

We send all orders first class but not tracked so cannot tell you where it is once it has been posted.

We do not send tracked as it is one more thing for me to do when processing the order but also because of the price - a 250g package to Europe is £4.25 and tracked is £9.20. Note we already do not charge the full postage rate (typically £1.50) but we are reviewing that.

We are looking to see if we can add tracked as a paid-for option.

Delivery does seem to vary from country to country but the people at the Post Office tell me that customs charges have caused severe delays in some countries.

Note - we are very happy to send again free of charge any orders that have not arrived within 1 month of posting - we have only had to do this a few times - most things turn up eventually.

On customs charges, I did a separate post but please note the following:

BATC will NOT make a false declaration of the value of the goods.

BATC will not split an order in to more than 1 package to reduce the value of goods in each package to below any VAT threshold.

All goods are currently sold at cost plus to members and we will NOT reduce the cost of goods and increase the value of post and packing to reduce the customs liability.

So please be prepared for extra charges depending on how friendly your countries customs people are :-)

I hope this helps - we do try to provide a reasonable service, but we are volunteers and running the shop has to come out of my own personal shack time :-(

73 Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:00 am

I should say we have discussed whether it would be practical to look at setting up a European fulfillment facility.

Or moving the shop to Northern Ireland which could ship to the UK and Europe tax free!

If anyone is seriously interested in running this on a volunteer basis, please contact me by email for more details.

Noel

ct1dhm

Post by ct1dhm » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Let´s see the events:

- order made 11th March 2021
- post stamp and CN22 date - 15 March 2021
- received - Today - 12/April/2021

Best regards

Jose/CT1DHM

DL1BJV

Post by DL1BJV » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am

Just for information,

- Order was Posted on 31.03.21
- Order was delivered on 22.04,21
- took 3 weeks and 1 day to be delivered to my German address.

- Order cost was 71 GBP
- Tax Charges 15.08 GBP
- Extra Fee 5,20 GBP making a total of 20.28 GBP extra Charges.

The long delay seems to be a CUSTOMS ISSUE, please be patient the Order will be delivered.
My thanks to Noel G8GTZ, and all of the other BATC Shop Volunteers for doing such a great job.

73 Wolfgang

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:58 am

Thailand seems quicker than Europe!

HS1JAN reports

Posted 4th April

Arrived 16th April.

Noel - G8GTZ

dl5eu

Post by dl5eu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Hello Noel,

today the parts for the Knucker have arrived.

Here are some informations:
- CN22 date: 30/03/2021
- post stamp: 31/03/2021
- received: today 24/04/2021
- no additional costs.

Total delivery time: 3 weeks and 3 days (including Easter).

Thank you very much!

73 Ralf, DL5EU

DG8KD

Post by DG8KD » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi Noel,

today my parts arrived.

Here are some informations:
- CN22 date: 23/04/2021
- post stamp: 24/04/2021
- received: today 28/04/2021
- no additional costs.

Total delivery time: only 5 days (faster than several in country letters..)

Thank you very much!

Rainer, DG8KD

DL7BUR

Post by DL7BUR » Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi everyone,
my disaster goes on. I received a parcel notification on Friday (30th April) to pickup my packet. I went to the post office today and they told me that the packet was already waiting since the 17th April and it was already overdue for pickup and now is being sent back. Contacting DHL (who is responsible for international texed packets) I got no possibility to file a complaint since I am not the contracting party. A complaint can only be filed by the sender.

So:
Ordered on 17 March.
Arrived at post office on 17 April.
Marked for returns on 27 April.
Note for pickup delivered on 30 April.
Tried pickup and complaint on 3 May.

:(

Return to “BATC Shop”