Order delivery delays

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
g8gtz

Order delivery delays

Post by g8gtz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 pm

We are starting to see some delay in orders arriving with members.

We are not the only ones seeing this - in fact one of our members who works for Royal Mail reports that mail last week was 130% up on the peak week last Christmas and so it will only get worse.

Apparantly all courier companies are being affected in the same way and there would be no value in changing company - the only answer is probably to order before you know you need it!

On a seperate topic we are keeping an eye on what may happen after Jan 1st for European orders, again the only advice we can offer at the moment is to maybe try and order before Christmas to avoid any delays.

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Re: Order delivery delays

Post by g8gtz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:45 pm

There are still problems reported with Royal Mail and some members are seeing long delays with their orders.

This picture posted on social media reported to be at the Bristol Mail Centre shows why!

Noel _ G8GTZ

Bristol.JPG
Bristol.JPG (41.81 KiB) Viewed 2920 times

G7JTT

Re: Order delivery delays

Post by G7JTT » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Whilst I can't share photos I can tell you today has seen the heaviest collection's I had to do all Christmas ! With BoJo's (sorry trying to be as non political as possible) announcement and the virtual canceling of Christmas for much of the population. People have been out in force sending large packets and especially via Royalmail special delivery. I'm sure once Royalmail release this year's traffic figure's it will become apparent why there have been delays this year. And please remember most postie's and othet delivery companies have been working through out this pandemic and we're knackered although grateful to still be employed in these difficult times.

73 and stay safe John G7JTT

Return to “BATC Shop”