MinitiounerPro

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
VK5YYY

MinitiounerPro

Post by VK5YYY » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi Noel,
I note the French version MinitiounerPro has been listed for Pre-sale on REF website shop
https://boutique.r-e-f.org/kits-et-comp ... r-pro.html
Is this something BATC could cross pollinate with F6DZP, or maybe it's competition for the existing board, which you've already committed too
The first batch is due mid October
I guess it would come down to a financial decision based on demand and cross Channel cooperation
Cheers Roger
The French Dual Connection
The French Dual Connection
F6ZDP + F1TE board.jpeg (138.52 KiB) Viewed 6070 times

g8gtz

Re: MinitiounerPro

Post by g8gtz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi

Yes, we are working with the MiniTiouner Pro team - in fact I have had emails with F1TE and F6DZP on the subject today.

We see the pro working alongside the standard "BATC" MiniTiouner which we will continue to sell and support as we believe it does everything the "average" ATV operator needs. The additional features in the pro include dual channel receive and DISECQ control, neither of which are needed for normal ATV operation.

Also due to the terrible £ to Euro exchange rate, the pro cost at 68.50 euros (£62) plus a tuner at £27.50 is significantly higher for UK members than buying the BATC parts at £56 plus a few additional components.

So it is business as normal for BATC with MinTiouner and we wish the MiniTiouner Pro team well :-)

73 Noel - G8GTZ

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Nice looking design. The price isn't bad given it has effectively two USB boards, though I think combining both streams only one USB would have been preferable. The existing MK2 tuner board has facilities to take out the second transport stream and a relatively simple daughter board could be designed for this if necessary. I have enough trouble finding one signal to receive, but EsHail Sat may change all that.

I would be interested to know if the TFT uses the available header signals as that would be a useful addition. I wonder if a PI might also do the tuning and display part to save needing a laptop.

Mike

g8lce

Post by g8lce » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am

DISECQ control could be very useful if it worked with digitwist. Even using one of these rotors (£46) to control a dish or yagi may save money on a datv project against the cost of a rotator and controller.
I would buy one.

Martin G8LCE

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am

That should be easy to retrofit to the V2. Just needs someone to propose a design. However the digitwist might be better controlled by another board as there are two rotators and I don't think there is any way to avoid having two controllers.

Mike

Return to “BATC Shop”