USB tuner kits - expression of interest please

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
g8gtz

Re: USB tuner kits - expression of interest please

Post by g8gtz » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm sure there will be blank PCBs available next week and there's only a few additional components to buy, which those of us who built the early units before the kits were available managed to find easily. Take a look at this post for ideas but note you need to refer to the final parts list for the PCB version http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... t=30#p9111

I have tried to make sure everyone gets a chance to get a kit and other than appeal for additional volunteers to make up the kits (which has the bonus that you are sure to get one), I'm not sure what else we can do.

Noel - G8GTZ

G4HTZ

Post by G4HTZ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 pm

A kit would be good ..but the pcb if available after the weekend would be good Noel .

Have a good CAT 15 ..
Cheers
Steve
Steve G4HTZ

ASHEN nr Sudbury JO02GB52 90m ASL

70cms DATV portsdown 4 + RYDE rx …14 or 18 ele yagi …LNA …hopefully 100w amp at some point

G0NMY

Post by G0NMY » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

So does this mean there will be no more kits available? :cry:
If not where do we order the little pcb from is that a kit or is it pre-assembled?
Cheers Mark
:D

http://www.g0nmy.blogspot.co.uk/

¡ʎɐqƎ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq I ǝɯᴉʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 pm

There are 70 bare PCB's for the tuner in the BATC shop right now. ;)

73 Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:51 pm

I'll let Noel reply about the kits.

The switcher module is available from UK suppliers on EBay. Taking the pot off and replacing with resistors is recommended, as the 5v regulator can only stand 6v.

The link to the parts list and instructions for the PCB is below. The link which is a few messages above here relates to earlier construction before the PCB was available. I will always update the first message in the link below with the latest information.

Brian

http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4225

G0NMY

Post by G0NMY » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Thanks Brian I didnt know the tiny pcb was already built I pictured you guys making it up under a microscope!
Im not very good with surface mount components that's why I liked the kit, but If the little board is already built then that takes away something for me to break! :lol:
I still havent attempted the digithin board yet mainly because of all the tiny chips that have to be fitted.
Ah well lets hope I can keep my Poker steady enough ;-) :D :lol: :lol:
Thanks again Mark G0NMY

http://www.g0nmy.blogspot.co.uk/

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:29 am

As expected the batch of 20 kits did sell well at CAT15 and there are no kits left. However I think most people who did express an interest have now got a kit.

As there are no plans (read volunteers) to produce anymore kits at the moment I will close this thread.

Thanks for your interest and don't forget there are plenty of blank PCBs available in the shop and it is not a big job to build your own.

Noel - G8GTZ

LevAn

Post by LevAn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:03 am

It is great news that the blank pcbs will be available for us rather than the whole kits. Thanks for sharing this information with us.
Also we can add our own hand made pcbs to it for extra features.
I want to ask that to build a project is there need of only standard components same as are on the kits or should we add add other compatible component?

Return to “BATC Shop”