Is the BATC "Shop" still in business?

The place for announcements on the latest stock items and for your feedback on items that you would like to see in stock
G1INU

Is the BATC "Shop" still in business?

Post by G1INU » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:23 am

Hi Guy's

I placed an order with the online BATC shop on Monday and got an automated response saying the order was received. Since when it just says awaiting processing. I emailed shop@batc.tv and got no reply so I came to the forum. The last post in the BATC Shop section appears to be December 2023 so I am starting to wonder if they stopped trading?

If they have where do we order items from now please?

Mark.
Regards
Mark - G1INU

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Is the BATC "Shop" still in business?

Post by G8GKQ » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:42 am

Hi Mark

The shop is run by volunteers, and the primary volunteer is unable to fulfill orders at the moment. I believe that he shipped a number of orders last Monday, and should be back in business next week.

There are only 2 outstanding UK orders on the system and yours is one of them.

Finding volunteers is very difficult - we are always looking for offers.

Dave, G8GKQ
BATC Treasurer

G1INU

Post by G1INU » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:57 am

G8GKQ wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:42 am
Hi Mark

The shop is run by volunteers, and the primary volunteer is unable to fulfill orders at the moment. I believe that he shipped a number of orders last Monday, and should be back in business next week.

There are only 2 outstanding UK orders on the system and yours is one of them.

Finding volunteers is very difficult - we are always looking for offers.

Dave, G8GKQ
BATC Treasurer
Thank's Dave,

All understood about the volunteer issues, just a thought for the committee. Given that like myself, newcomers to DATV have no idea how the shop is managed, a line or two on the shop page to say orders will not be processed promptly may assist in managing expectations. Likewise an amendment to the automated response to orders which states "Just to let you know — we've received your order #BATC-18411, and it is now being processed" should be appended to say it will be processed as soon as volunteer availably permits.

I have absolutely no issue with the fact whomever manages the shop is a volunteer or that my order will remain pending until he/she returns. However, a word or two to the wise would have saved me chasing it up.

Regards
Mark - G1INU
Regards
Mark - G1INU

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:09 pm

Hi Mark,

As Dave says, I've been away this week and so not done any orders since Monday - yours will probably go out on Monday or Tuesday first class.

And yes, we have had a problem with the shop@ email address which is hopefully now fixed.

Noel - G8GTZ

Return to “BATC Shop”