red text blurred

Help and support for the BATC DTX1 ATV digital encoder and modulator system
alexgee

red text blurred

Post by alexgee » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 pm

I have a problem with red text or graphics appearing very blurred. Sort of looks like an out of focus shadow on the right hand edge of the red characters.
Am using S-video input.
If I connect the same video source directly to a monitor or to a DVB-T modulator then it appears clear so the problem does seem to be generated within the DTX1.
Has anyone else experienced this or can suggest if there might be a setting in the modulator to improve this? There are many settings but not a lot of detail as to what each does.

Cheers
Alex

** edit: OOps, connection to the DVB-T modulator (HiDes) was through a HDMI input not analogue which may be why the picture including red text is crisp with no bleeding of colours. I'm probably expecting too much from the DTX-1's analogue inputs.
I have improved the picture quality with careful juggling of the contrast, colour and brightness settings in the modulator. Perhaps antennair might one day include a HDMI input.

2E0DTX

Re: red text blurred

Post by 2E0DTX » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi Alex

That's a surprising report - please try a new good quality S-Video 75 Ohm cable? Lots of cheap eBay ones are poor quality alas. We have a dual DVB-T Quadrant running at Bridgewater Hall (prestigious concert hall venue) and they feed text from a PC card into the S-Video input to good effect. The input circuits are the same only the encoding differs (T not S). What exactly is your video source?

Cheers

Laurence M0LDZ

Return to “BATC DTX1”