New DTX1 Firmware pending - Beta Testers wanted

Help and support for the BATC DTX1 ATV digital encoder and modulator system
2E0DTX

New DTX1 Firmware pending - Beta Testers wanted

Post by 2E0DTX » Sun May 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Hello everyone

Well we have a new release candidate for DTX1 firmware. This new version automatically optimises the use of bandwidth when a dual channel unit is in use, so avoiding tedious bit rate calculations and manual setitngs.

If anyone would like to volunteer to give it a thrashing please let us know by emailing support@dtx1.info and we will send a copy. If there is a larger response we may post it on the DTX1.info web site.

It would be good to get this signed off before the next batch of units is built, which is imminent.

73's

Laurence 2E0DTX

2E0DTX

Re: New DTX1 Firmware RELEASED - Beta Testers wanted

Post by 2E0DTX » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Well after a long wait the Beta release is now available for download.

Also, a new Windows utility to make the process of upgrading the DTX1 much easier.

You can get both at www.dtx1.info/downloads/Beta

We have added the ability to switch the LCN transmission format to suit various world regions (default suits the UK) so as - hopefully - to co-exist with off-air channels should the two RF signals be combined locally.

Also, the setting menus have been speeded up and the bandwidth available for video better utilised, having reduced the amount of traffic carrying SI tables etc.

Please let us know how you get on through BATC the forum!

73's

Laurence

2E0DTX

Re: New DTX1 Firmware pending - Beta Testers wanted

Post by 2E0DTX » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Whoops!

I meant

www.dtx1.info/downloads/firmware/Beta

Time for dinner.....

Laurence

g4wvu

Post by g4wvu » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks Laurence (kindly loaded the new firmware onto my DTX1 at the convention).
Some nice improvements from the older FW. version I had on mine.
Auto max. encoder Bit rate setting - saves adjusting the encoder rate if you change the SR or the FEC.(but you can also manually set the rate if you need to)
Entering of PIDS is now by digit replacement method rather than scrolling through a possibly large range (0000 > FFFF) : big improvement!
Some changes in the status page
Upload this version if you have the earlier version(s)....... :D

Mark G4WVU

2E0DTX

Post by 2E0DTX » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Great Mark - thanks.

As all comments have been positive, we have now released this firmware formally, it's on the DTX1 support site. I shall be at Newark on Saturday (BATC stand) if anyone wants an upgrade doing!

73's

Laurence 2E0DTX

Return to “BATC DTX1”