Dtx1

Help and support for the BATC DTX1 ATV digital encoder and modulator system
G0AZQ

Dtx1

Post by G0AZQ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:46 am

Hi all .... Just received the DTX 1 and very pleased with all but one little niggle.
The audio input is rated at One volt. In all my experience with audio equipment Line Level as it is sometimes known is around 650-700 millivolts. This makes the recovered audio a bit low. Have bodged a temporary amp. in series with input and level is now same as Digilite. Anybody got the circuit for DTX1 audio input ? Might it be possible to alter gain ....??
See you all at Finingley. Rgds. Tony G0AZQ.

2E0DTX

Re: Dtx1

Post by 2E0DTX » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi Tony

Well, the audio input level is matched precisely to Sky Digibox / DVD Player type audio levels, so there is no subjective difference on Antennair's DVB-T product when changing channels on a TV set, so I am surprised you find it a bit low! No problem though the audio input passes through resistive attenuators. If you email support@dtx1.info I can sort out the relevant circuit details for you. You would have to change only two 0603 size resistors.

By the way - if you are only using a single input (mono) the signal is fed to both L and R channels by the Phono sockets themselves being switched, so the input impedance is halved. Depending on the source impedance of your audio this could be the cause of your issue. You could see if this was the case by plugging a spare Phono lead into the unused input.

73's

Laurence M6TTX

G0AZQ

Post by G0AZQ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Laurence .... Thanks for that, will check on things when I get time !!!!! Work takes precedence, it earns money for toys !!!!! 73 Tony G0AZQ.

mans9h1gb

Post by mans9h1gb » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi Guys,
I have recently ordered a DTX1 and daughter board. I would like to ask around to see if anyone have a template of the front and back panel so I can construct the case for it.
Thank you in advance
Mans. 9H1GB

2E0DTX

Post by 2E0DTX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi Mans

I will see what I can find for you, If you send an email to support@dtx1.info and if I can get the information I will send you the drawings! By the way where are you located?

73's

Laurence

M6TTX

mans9h1gb

Post by mans9h1gb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Laurence,
Thanks for the reply.
I have, as requested, sent you an email on support@dtx1.info
I am located on the island of Malta in a small village called Mqabba. Easy to write then pronounce Hi Hi.
Thank you in advance
Mans. 9H1GB

Return to “BATC DTX1”