Pluto Reset Button

Click here to learn more about Amateur TV and the BATC
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
EA7KIR

Pluto Reset Button

Post by EA7KIR » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:42 am

Is this the reset button which is supposed to activate DFU mode?
I'm pressing it with toothpick, but it doesn't seem to click or move.
-
L1001774.png
L1001774.png (1003.63 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Michael EA7KIR

Basil

Re: Pluto Reset Button

Post by Basil » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:17 am

It can appear as if you need to press it from the top, with the case open. That is NOT the way it's designed. There is a tiny hole in the front edge of the case, and THAT is where you probe in with something like a paperclip. If you have knackered the switch you have two options, ground the correct PCB connection to the damaged switch, or, more elegantly, command it in software to go into DFU mode by putting a 1 instead of 0 by the correct option in the configuration file, accessible when you view the Pluto as a USB connected drive.

I read your post on the AMSAT forum, I would knock up a Windows 7 or 10 PC and do everything via the USB port rather than with the MAC and over Ethernet to USB. Remove all potential connection variables if you can.

I am away from PC's at the moment, but can be more specific about how to force it to reboot into DFU mode later if you need me to.

EA7KIR

Re: Pluto Reset Button

Post by EA7KIR » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:22 am

Basil wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:17 am
It can appear as if you need to press it from the top, with the case open. That is NOT the way it's designed.
Oh my! With it not being in the plastic case, I hadn't seen the legend. Thank you.
Michael EA7KIR

Return to “Getting Started?”