v0.32-dirty

Click here to learn more about Amateur TV and the BATC
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
EA7KIR

v0.32-dirty

Post by EA7KIR » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:55 pm

Please could someone explain why my Pluto has magically returned to v0.32-dirty?

My Pluto version D arrived with 0.32 last September. As instructed, I upgraded to the latest 0.34 firmware

After installing F5OEO's "For the Brave", I installed F5UII's Perseverance 0303 patch and his Patch Detection Hardware Revision firmware perseverance 0303.

I appear to havee a viable system, because I can see my signal on the Goonhilly WB Spectrum, but until I improve the dish alignment its a bit too low to properly decode.

My questions are:

1) What is a patch? Is it a diff file to be merged, or is it a complete and full operating system?

2) What wiould happen if I download and install ADALM Firmware version 0.34 again? Will it obliterate the F5OEO firmware?

3) Is this just the way it Is and everyone doing DATV on Pluto is forced to use outdated ADALM v032-dirty firmware?
Michael EA7KIR

Return to “Getting Started?”