Mentor / buddy

Click here to learn more about Amateur TV and the BATC
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0PJA

Mentor / buddy

Post by M0PJA » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:10 pm

I posted some time ago about where to start. The post dates to 2015

So far my sole venture into ATV has been that I have built a video source (CQ-TV) 270 I think.

I have some FPV bits so hoping to get something going for 5.6GHz

I was thinking my next step should be a Ryde - would people agree?
(I have little experience in ATV)

Lastly and I am guessing I really need someone who lives close to me who would be prepared to be a mentor/buddy in getting started in RB-DATV

I have been for many years a Systems Engineer (IT), for health reasons I am now doing a 20 hours a week basic job. Although I have a full licence there are I feel gaps in my understanding. When my health has allowed I have attended a couple of CAT events and the RSGB convention.

I live in IO93II (a five-minute drive from the Junction 31 of the M1 in a village called Kiveton Park)

if you can help please contact me at paul[AT]homearcher[DOT]UK

Thanks and regards

Paul - M0PJA

g8gtz

Re: Mentor / buddy

Post by g8gtz » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi Paul,

The Ryde is a good project to start with as it will enable you to receive QO100 and any local signals - you may even be able to receive a couple of the Yorkshire repeaters.

There are several active ATVers fairly close to you in Yorkshire / Lincolnshire and hopefully some of them will respond to your post.

Noel - G8GTZ

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:23 pm

M0PJA wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:10 pm
I posted some time ago about where to start. The post dates to 2015

So far my sole venture into ATV has been that I have built a video source (CQ-TV) 270 I think.

I have some FPV bits so hoping to get something going for 5.6GHz

I was thinking my next step should be a Ryde - would people agree?
(I have little experience in ATV)

Lastly and I am guessing I really need someone who lives close to me who would be prepared to be a mentor/buddy in getting started in RB-DATV

I have been for many years a Systems Engineer (IT), for health reasons I am now doing a 20 hours a week basic job. Although I have a full licence there are I feel gaps in my understanding. When my health has allowed I have attended a couple of CAT events and the RSGB convention.

I live in IO93II (a five-minute drive from the Junction 31 of the M1 in a village called Kiveton Park)

if you can help please contact me at paul[AT]homearcher[DOT]UK

Thanks and regards

Paul - M0PJA

Hi Paul,

I have PM'd you. My contact info & our ATV chat/activity night

Best regards Ken G8VDP

M0PJA

Post by M0PJA » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded and contacted me .

Thanks and Regards

Paul

Return to “Getting Started?”