ATV in Kettering

Click here to learn more about Amateur TV and the BATC
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g7ntg

ATV in Kettering

Post by g7ntg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:22 pm

There are now four of us in the Kettering Area transmitting ATV;
G7NTG transmitting Analogue on 23cms , 5.6GHz and 10GHz and Digital on 2 metres and 23cms.
G7HPE Malcolm transmitting on 23cms Analogue
John G3ZSE transmitting on 23cms Analogue
and Peter G6OLU transmitting on 23cms analogue
In the near future we hope to extend the range ot transmit frequencies and modes used and hope to encourage others to join in.
the signals may be strong enough in parts of Kettering to receive using a simple antenna and an old analogue satellite receiver.

Wolfie G8VAT

Re: ATV in Kettering

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:34 am

Hi Guys.. I appreciate this is an old message but just caught my eye while searching for something else.
Just wondering if you are all still active and how much activity there is locally?
Although the Northampton ATV repeater is off the air, GB3GV is receivable from the top of Desborough not tried access just yet..

I get down to Desborough most weekends to visit my Girlfriend M7RIA and her brother G0FFB.. And I've just given Steve a Digital Sat receiver and Antenna which he may/may not take seriously cos his heart is in C/W.

But I do bring my own kit along. I am 23cms digital TX/RX. Analogue TX/RX... 2.4GHz Analogue TX/RX and 5.6GHz Analogue TX/RX capable, and we are experimenting with the HB100s for 10GHz voice at the moment... (I'll then try TV too).
Also, I will be retiring shortly and able to spend more time and maybe even move down there eventually..
So hopefully there's some TV play to be had..

Gra.
07966 392701..
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

Return to “Getting Started?”