Questions about USB Receiver

Click here to learn more about Amateur TV and the BATC
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
midwestmac

Questions about USB Receiver

Post by midwestmac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:28 am

Hello, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jim, I live in N.A. I'm a FTA satellite hobbyist for just 6 years now.
I am really amazed at the work that has been done with Tutioune.
Which brings me here, as I'm very interested building a low symbol rate usb receiver
with MiniTutioune.
Currently I have Prof 7301(pci),Tbs 6925(pcie) and TBS 5980(USB).
With TBS 6925 I have only found a low SR740 kS/s using TBS driver and a Windows program called EBSPRO.
Supposedly new TBS 6983 can go to a low 140 kS/s but its $240 US dollars
Which is a little expensive since I already have a tuner that can do MIS ACM/VCM . I think I would have more fun and satisfaction building my own for narrow Qpsk signals.

Would it be possible if I could purchase PCB board and the PSU(switch regulator)?

I think? but, not sure I can find of the rest of the parts somewhere on internet.
I am a just a beginner with some soldering skills but, I think I can do this.

In the BATC Shop I can't login or don't have access to ad a USB PCB board.
And that is if you would ship to N.A.?

Thankyou Jim

G4EWJ

Re: Questions about USB Receiver

Post by G4EWJ » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:52 am

Hi Jim,

Only the pcb, NIM receiver module and FT2232H module are available from the BATC shop at the moment. You have to be a BATC member to order these. The switching psu module is from Ebay and all the other parts should be available from Newark / Digikey / Mouser. Mouser even has the 1v TO-220 regulator, which the main UK suppliers no longer carry.

The BATC shop does ship to USA. I don't know why you can't order from the shop if you're a BATC member. I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

Brian

http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 4225#p9424

midwestmac

Post by midwestmac » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi Brian, I knew the parts sell fast, a friend pointing me to the BATC website a couple of months ago so I finally logged in
I think its my fault, I registered on to the BATC/forum and not through the Main BATC/shop with a membership ID#

The pcb, Nim receiver and the FT2232H would be really nice to have. With the instructions and the pcb looks like this is really doable for me.
I have ordered from Digikey before and I'll check out mouser too.

I'll try and register through the Main login. My fault
Thanks for your help.

JIM

midwestmac

Post by midwestmac » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:36 am

Well Thanks, guess I didn't realize the membership id#. I'm not actually in the BATC membership, Just stopping by.
I was thinking I might be able to buy a few parts to get started.
But with out the member id # I can't create a login to the shop.. add to basket and checkout and pay.
Really neat project though I'm impressed, if it's every possible to buy some parts or just the pcb board some how, I would be interested.
as long as the members get theirs first of course.
Thanks
Jim

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:37 am

Hi Jim,

Glad you are interested in the project - it's certainly been very useful for our amateur TV activities both here in Europe and in the USA and we've sold over 150 parts and so members have plenty of chance to grab one.

You can join on line and pay by patpal, it's only $10 a year for a cyber membership and you get 4 e magazines a year covering all sorts of TV related topics, access to the shop and you help support our video streaming service. You never know, you may get the ATV bug :-)

73's

Noel - G8GTZ
BATC chair

Keep up todate with the BATC forum news feed - http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/feed.php
Follow us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BATCOnline/?fref=nf

midwestmac

Post by midwestmac » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Noel,
Thanks I was able to buy a subscription with paypal. That worked!
I don't know? what I was doing wrong the other day trying to get to that paypal screen.
I might wait to make an order when more parts come in.
Any ways this is really great. I'm looking forward this new adventure.
Thank you Noel !!

Jim

Return to “Getting Started?”