BATC at the Midlands Round Table Saturday 3 December

Discussion and Planning for Events and Streaming Activity
G8GKQ
Site Admin

BATC at the Midlands Round Table Saturday 3 December

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:08 pm

Noel and I will be at the Midlands Microwave Round Table on Saturday 3 December https://www.eatonmanor.co.uk/midlands-r ... ble-event/.

We plan to have the BATC Shop there so that you can purchase items at "rally" prices (cash only!). Please pre-notify me (by replying to this forum post) if you will want any Portsdown or Ryde SD Cards so that we can get them made up beforehand.

I will also be taking the some test equipment so that I can run a Portsdown/Ryde clinic and measure the Noise Figure of receive preamps and transverters. Please note that if you want to measure the Noise Figure of any device for 13 cms and above, it will need to have a down-converted output at 1300 MHz or below for input to my test set-up.

Please post here if you are bringing equipment for test, fix-it or measurement. Then I will know what equipment to bring and, more importantly, what not to bring.

Looking forward to an interesting day.

Dave, G8GKQ

radiogareth

Re: BATC at the Midlands Round Table Saturday 3 December

Post by radiogareth » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:50 pm

Looking forward to the event :-)
Dave, could you bring your GPS locked spot frequency source please? I want to get both my Portsdowns and their Plutos set up spot on for 10GHz and 24GHz.
I'd also like to see how my BBGen Noise source measures up, 100kHz-5Ghz and if possible what its doing at 5.7GHz so I can use it there for testing.
Thanks
Gareth
Last edited by radiogareth on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm

Also looking forward to it. I had almost forgotten!

Mike

G3YKI

Post by G3YKI » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:25 am

This you tube presentation largely features Dave's introduction to amateur TV and the BATC.
At over 1000 views already.
An intro into amateur radio microwave and television?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujK39ILIlI

Return to “Events”