RetroTechUK A new vintage electronics show (rally)

Discussion and Planning for Events and Streaming Activity
G8GQS

RetroTechUK A new vintage electronics show (rally)

Post by G8GQS » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:17 pm

May I draw your attention to this prestigious event (in the vintage world)

RetroTechUK is the new name and image for the National Vintage Communications Fair, (NVCF) established in 1992.

Since then, the event has evolved and outgrown its previous title!

A New date, the 26th September at the Warwickshire Event Centre in the heart of the country near to Royal Leamington Spa, you’ll find hundreds of stalls of dealers, clubs and private sellers offering vintage items, including radio, televisions, hi-fi and audio, records (LP’s, 45’s, 78’s), gramophones, telephones, communications equipment, spares, early video games, early computing, small appliances, indeed anything techy from the early 20th century right up to the millennium and beyond. And all stalls are indoors!

The Details are here ==> https://www.retrotechuk.com/ <===

One VERY useful feature is the Bring & Buy, this is BIG, last time there were 8 tables full and overflowing.......

Our trust, the BTTT will be there with displays of equipment for our MCR21 restoration project.

I Look Forwards to seeing you there.

Best Regards, Brian G8GQS for the Broadcast Television Technology Trust

www.mcr21.org.uk www.bttt.org.uk
Regards Brian

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV camera Museum

g8lce

Re: RetroTechUK A new vintage electronics show (rally)

Post by g8lce » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am

I will be moving house around that time. Moving all my 'vintage electronics' Most of us are now vintage as well Brian. (I worked with Brian years ago ) I have my Wireless Worlds going back to the 1930's and even 1913 where there is an article about transmitting from a hydrogen balloon! Then there is my collection of morse keys, and a 'microphone amplifier' that takes the output from my crystal set and 'amplifies' it for use in a horn speaker. I have a 'space invader' look-a-like 1930's radio and one of the original Sony Trinitron 13inch TV's the BBC used in OB's Then there is all the passes I collected during my brief 20 something years in BBC OB's....
Moving house is quite difficult!
Wish I could be there to pass some of it on but I live in Falmouth, Cornwall so even that makes it difficult.

Martin G8LCE

Return to “Events”