Contest Blues

G0DJA

Contest Blues

Post by G0DJA » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Anyone want to buy a set of Comtech 23cm boards, built into a box with a 15 Watt PA (not in a box), plus 13cm 200mW TX and RX with control boards as well? Please make me an offer.

After today I realize that I have made a big mistake in thinking that I might enjoy a bit of ATV on 23 and 13cm. I also will have a Keyboard Overlay Text unit, won in the CQ-TV 221 caption competition, up for sale as well. Until it arrives I wont put it up for sale but please let me know if you are interested in buying it. Thanks.

Dave (G0DJA)
Made no contacts in the contest. Heard no one at all. Saw one station (M0DTS/P) via the repeater GB3VL but no other stations, no one on the 2m talk back frequencies (so it wasn't that I was being ignored, I don't think anyway, but even if that was the case, why should I hang round where I'm not wanted?) and so I'm giving the mode up.

G0DJA

Re: Contest Blues

Post by G0DJA » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 pm

I've just been reminded that I got a camera for £7.00 plus P+P, which made the cost up to about £10.00.

OK, so if anyone wants that as well, say £5.00 + P&P. OK?

G8ADM

Re: Contest Blues

Post by G8ADM » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Dave
How long have you been on ATV, I guess less than 1 year.
Most of the more unusual modes in Amateur Radio come and go in terms of activity.
I have been on ATV for 44 years and I only worked one station today.
I know in the future things will change and I may work lots of stations next time.
I hope you will reconsider giving up ATV, we need as many ATVers as we can get.
There are new modes appearing for ATVers such as we are trying to get ATV on the International Space Station.
The BATC are setting up their own streaming facility to give better streaming performance for ATVers.
70cm Digital ATV is coming to life. You can work some real dx on this band, I have worked 100 miles with just 30W for example.
All the best
Dave.
G8ADM

Return to “For Sale Ads Archive”