Ampex VPR 2B available FREE

G8GQS

Ampex VPR 2B available FREE

Post by G8GQS » Wed May 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Further information

I have been down and had a look at the Ampex 1 inch C format Kit, it comprises :-

a VPR2B in "table" format, ie no console.
a TBC-2
a Marconi monitoring unit
connecting multi-core cables.

These are connected up just as they were last used 20?? years ago. It would seem to me that they are unlikely to be still working, but could be got back to a working state, by an engineer, without too much trouble.

There is a large box of handbooks, some extender boards, (alongside and to the left of the dresser the TBC is stood on) a spare TBC 2, and a 4foot tall pile of 1 inch tapes, contents unknown. The double eurocard extender, pictured is not part of the VPR 2B set-up.

This is available free, but a donation to the lady of the house would be appreciated.

It is MOST definitely a collect only item, from South East London.

Contact me in the first instance if you are interested or for technical enquires, and no we can't go through the tapes to see what's on them.

Posted by Brian, G8GQS
Attachments
tbc 2.jpg
tbc 2.jpg (101.12 KiB) Viewed 4077 times
vpr 2 small.jpg
vpr 2 small.jpg (101.93 KiB) Viewed 4077 times
Regards Brian

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV camera Museum

andypilgrim

Re: Ampex VPR 2B available FREE

Post by andypilgrim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi There,
Do you still have this machine ? I collect these and restore them as a hobby. My collection includes a VPR3, VPR6, a Sony BVH3100, BVH500 and my current project is a Sony HDD-1000 which i am desperately looking for manuals for. If you still have the VPR2 I would love to give it a good home
Cheers
Andy

G8GQS

Re: Ampex VPR 2B available FREE

Post by G8GQS » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:52 pm

HI Andy

PM sent

Brian
Regards Brian

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV camera Museum

Return to “For Sale Ads Archive”