Antennair DVB-S PRICE REDUCED!!!

VE4NSA

Antennair DVB-S PRICE REDUCED!!!

Post by VE4NSA » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Have a like new unit for sale.

Comes with a small handheld 430/1200 Icom antenna + coax adapter.

Will sell the unit for ₤265 which includes shipping to UK or EU.

Payment via international money order, personal check will require clearance or Paypal . Please contact me directly: VE4NSA(at)gmail.com

Thanks, Stefan VE4NSA
DVB-s.jpg
DVB-s.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Last edited by VE4NSA on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2E0DTX

Re: Antennair DVB-S (DTX1) FOR SALE!

Post by 2E0DTX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Would-be buyers should be aware that this unit is not a DTX1 and does not have the wide RF coverage provided on the DTX1 as supplied to BATC. Also the warranty will cease once ownership changes. Otherwise, good luck!

73's

Laurence

2E0DTX

VE4NSA

Post by VE4NSA » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks Laurence,

I appreciate the opportunity to clarify an obvious misconception. This Antennair DVB-S "quadrant" unit has an actual RF range up to 1350 MHz (stated by Antennair) and which I verified with my spectrum analyzer! So it covers 70 cm and 23 cm. It has the same hardware and actually the same commands, parameters etc. as the DTX1. Both units can be operated up to 2GHz with degraded performance. The only difference is that this Antennair unit does not have the current DTX1 firmware. This is also not a problem since firmware upgrades can be done via the serial port. As much as the warranty is of concern, this unit is actually fully supported by the manufacturer (Antennair) since it came directly from Antennair. Unfortunately, the DTX1 will not be supported by Antennair as specifically stated in the DTX1 manual (see page 26 of the BATC DTX1 manual). So, thanks again. Always glad to help.

73, Stefan VE4NSA

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:03 am

I will leave Laurence from Antennair to confirm the situation regarding the spec and potential upgrades to the Quadrant, however I want to clarify the situation regarding support for the DTX1 units sold by the BATC shop as Stefan has misinterpreted the statement in the manual.

Antennair DO PROVIDE support for the DTX1 sold through the BATC shop.

What the manual actually says is that first line support is only available through the http://www.dtx1.info web site, the BATC forum and the dedicated support@dtx1.info email address and not by direct contact with Antennair who are not setup to deal with phone calls and direct emails from BATC members.

The 2 members who have had an issue with units delivered to them will hopefully confirm that the support offered by BATC and Laurence has been unconditional and fast, resulting in the units being repaired or replaced.

Noel - G8GTZ
BATC Chairman

Return to “For Sale Ads Archive”