CQ-DATV Magazine issue 91 available

Discussion and news about our sister magazine, CQ-DATV
g8cjs

CQ-DATV Magazine issue 91 available

Post by g8cjs » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:26 pm

CQ-DATV Magazine issue 91 is now available to download free from https://www.cq-datv.mobi/91.php no registration is required.
If you have not seen any of the previous issues then they are all available in the CQ-DATV library at https://www.cq-datv.mobi/ebooks.php again no charge or registration is required.

This is a Monthly magazine devoted to video engineering and ATV. It is a platform and if you would like to contribute then please send your contributions to editor@cq-datv.mobi.

In this issue Trevor looks at the Lightweight Revolution of broadcast TV equipment that started in the 1980’s and he has also added a suite of robot cameras to the Grass Valley mixer project. These are under the control of the Joystick positioner. Trevor also looks back on setting up a TV equipment display at IBC Amsterdam using kit that was definitely not part of the light weight revolution.

Jim KH6HTV has developed a VOX for Analog ATV and looks back on the design of an 70cm, Vestigial Sideband, TV Transmitter

Dave G8GKQ has constructed a very clever video source camera ready for a foray onto ATV on 50Mhz

Ian looks at why he thinks Face Book is your antisocial friend? .

This is a free download no registration is required there are no paid adds and definitely no tracking cookies

df3ei

Re: CQ-DATV Magazine issue 91 available

Post by df3ei » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:00 pm

I wonder, would Trevor use a similar cover page if Scotland became a sovereign state?

73, Jörg
GM4YRI

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:28 pm

As one of the BATC volunteers posting things to Europe I don't find this very 'funny', its just more pointless paperwork every time I send an item to the EU :-(
Gareth

df3ei

Post by df3ei » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Well, that paperwork just got worse :evil:

From what I read from it it was meant to be funny and rubbing it in, forgetting that this kind of joke is potentially offending at least half of the readers in the U.K., not to mention those still IN the EU.

I believe this kind of political statement has no place in an international, technically orientated magazine...

73, Jörg
GM4YRI

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:32 pm

I sympathise - I just looked at the front cover on the web. I understand it was intended as a joke. Each to their own but I won't be looking at that publication again. Three strikes and all that.

Mike

g8cjs

Post by g8cjs » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:42 am

Interesting that a front cover can generate so many emails.

Can I set the record straight, I am not the editor of CQ-DATV it is a team effort, so editor is not my title, it’s part of an email address to reach the editorial team and a way to forward question out to authors of articles who don't want to publish their own email addresses?

My role on the team is contributor of articles, which vary from projects like the Grass Valley Panel to stories about the Lightweight TV Equipment Revolution or 5 Go to Amsterdam both of which appeared in the last issue of CQ-DATV.

I don't pay a lot of attention to the front covers I was brought up on the adage of "don't judge a book by its cover"

We have yet to feel the full effects of Brexit " Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life”. One thing is sure that any extra paperwork encountered by the BATC "don't amount to a hill of beans".

Trevor Brown CQ-DATV contributor and TV Engineer
Also, a supporter of what this hobby needs and that’s a monthly magazine.

g8cjs

Post by g8cjs » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Ian Pawson sent this to me and asked me to post it on his behalf

CQ-DATV Magazine issue 91 cover
There have been some comments on the cover of issue 91.

Q: I wonder, would Trevor use a similar cover page if Scotland became a sovereign state?
A: I would wish them well and would no doubt comment on their decision. And, on a similar note, how come England is the only country in the union without its own assembly/parliament?

Q: As one of the BATC volunteers posting things to Europe I don't find this very 'funny', its just more pointless paperwork every time I send an item to the EU :-(
A: I would have thought it would have made it easier as ALL overseas postings are now treated the same. No more wondering if a country is in the EU or not.
Well, that paperwork just got worse :evil
A: See above.

Q: From what I read from it it was meant to be funny and rubbing it in, forgetting that this kind of joke is potentially offending at least half of the readers in the U.K., not to mention those still IN the EU.
A: Well I must congratulate the 'remainers' on thwarting democracy, i.e. the will of the MAJORITY, for over 4 years.

Q: I believe this kind of political statement has no place in an international, technically orientated magazine…
A: I think that we are entitled to celebrate a major event in UK history especially as we are an international magazine. Q: I sympathise - I just looked at the front cover on the web. I understand it was intended as a joke. Each to their own but I won't be looking at that publication again. Three strikes and all that.

Q: From your comment it is obvious that you are not a CQ-DATV reader, so we won't miss you. Nice to see, that in the 21st century, “disgusted of Tunbridge Wells” is alive and well!

AdrianH

Post by AdrianH » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm

I for one like the CQ-DATV magazine, it is free, no subs and as they say no registration, so as such no tracking. I would like to thank the team for producing it for little to no financial gain. I only have probably a few months worth saved as I came back into the hobby probably 14 months ago and DATV around march 2020, but appreciate it's content.

On the fact it is upsetting some, I think there are more pressing things to be upset over in the present times, and I am sure there are many more that looked at the cover and the warning comment about it, shrugged shoulders and then continued as if nothing happened.

All the best

Adrian

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:23 pm

This topic is now locked.

Return to “CQ-DATV, the e-book magazine”